Lifespan of Jerusalem Crickets?

IsabeauBleue

Arachnopeon
Not that I'm complaining, but it seems my Jerusalem cricket Jiminy Squish-It has far outlived his normal lifespan. I placed an order for a J. cricket on 1-15-2017. I got him not too long after, the 19th I believe. Despite not having figured out a food he actually likes, he's thriving. Over a year later!

Does anyone know how long these guys actually live? I keep reading up to six months, but mine has outlived that by far. His size has remained the same and I've never seen any evidence of him having shed. The second cricket I bought on April 23, 2017 passed last month. That one was much larger, about 25% larger. But that's still longer than six months.

Anyone have insight as to the actual lifespan of these guys?

Ajohnson5263

Arachnosquire
i cant say this for certain, but i recall a thread on here where they said egg to adult was around 3 years. I'm not 100% but i believe total lifespan is in the couple year range.

Ajohnson5263

Arachnosquire
Perhaps him not eating as much might increase lifespan? i know more arid climate inverts can go a while without food, perhaps he's slowed his metabolism down.

IsabeauBleue

Arachnopeon
Maybe. It's not for lack of trying to find a food he loves. The other one loved carrots. This one nibbles a few bites and then leaves it. He can't stand potatos. Hates cricket food. Tolerates waxworms. Eats mealworms if they are just the right size but that seems to change weekly. Doesn't like apples. Likes bread okay. The list goes on and on. Lol

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Adult lifespan can be up to a year or more I believe, but I'd assume he his coming towards the end of his lifespan now.

Celestus

Arachnopeon
It is known for a fact that they live at least 4 years and even then may not be adults nor sexually mature - starting from the nymph stage L1