1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

life span

Discussion in 'Myriapods' started by angel of death, Sep 25, 2005.

1. Advertisement
    does any one know the life span of a scolopendra polymorpha or any other scolopendra sp. thank you
  2. Galapoheros

Galapoheros ArachnoGod Old Timer

I don't know but I have heard things from some other people. So this is more like a comment than an answer to your question. So read it lightly. At the local pet stores, they say they only last a few months! I know that's not true. These people are mostly talking about the pedes in the stores. And I personally think allot of the pet stores have mite problems. I don't remember who it was, but there was someone on the forum that said they had kept their S. h. castaneiceps for 8 years. That sounds more reasonable to me. Several years ago, I came across a website that described S. h. castaneiceps, and this professor claimed they could live up to 20 years. It is a mystery to me too. All my previous pedes died from mites starting back in the late 80's and through the 90's. Every pede I caught, died of mites. I was starting to think they didn't live long. Now I know what was going on and starting over after giving up for years. I would like to hear personal experiences too. What's your oldest pede? What's the longest time you have kept a centipede alive? I think I'm staying in line with the thread, aren't I?
  3. Wade

Wade Arachnoking Old Timer

4. Galapoheros

Galapoheros ArachnoGod Old Timer