Leuirus Nasheri are they real, myth or ....?

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
Ive heard a few different opinions on this specie. Some say it is not a valid specie , some say it is. I saw info on them awhile back and now seems to have vanished. Discovered in 2007 and was considered a sub species of Leiurus brachycentrus
Im under the impression they do exist and they are a valid specie but it may be getting reclassified and renamed as many species have been doing so recently. Anybody else have this "so called specie " ??????
I have 2 adult pairs of what was said to be leiurus nasheri and both are happily mating right now :) 20170825_194414.jpg 20170825_201408.jpg

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
I have nothing of value to add, I just want to say I never saw how scorpions mate and that's so cute it's like they're holding hands!

ButhidaeBomb

Cant Re-Member
Old Timer
hey eric, hope all is well.
I'm with you on the debate about nasheri. from what I gather, they are now referred to as, like you say, L. brachycentrus. that being said, I have seen german collectors call them nasheri and then only a month later tell me that I am behind on the times as that ssp doesn't exist any longer. either way, you have something rare there no matter which it is.

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
I have nothing of value to add, I just want to say I never saw how scorpions mate and that's so cute it's like they're holding hands!
If you could only see when they are holding hands that their arms and claws moving together almost looks like a butterfly flapping its wings - it suddenly becomes so cute i just smile + giggle like a little kid

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
hey eric, hope all is well.
I'm with you on the debate about nasheri. from what I gather, they are now referred to as, like you say, L. brachycentrus. that being said, I have seen german collectors call them nasheri and then only a month later tell me that I am behind on the times as that ssp doesn't exist any longer. either way, you have something rare there no matter which it is.
Oh im hanging in there somehow lol
The info i recall was on the scorpion files and all i remember was they were discovered or classified in 2007 kovarik's name was listed with it and that they were considered a subspecies of brachycentrus then
i havent seen or heard from the person i got mine from but i still have them all and raised them up from 2i.

ButhidaeBomb

Cant Re-Member
Old Timer
ya I remember reading something about them as well when you and I were talking about the nasheri a few months back. if it were me, and going by the documentation available, id say they are now brachycentrus. or maybe its leiurus luvarii. haha

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
Well it appears pair #1 got the job done ! Female was under the big rock and male was trying to get out of her tank
Pair #2 is still locked together pulling an allnighter :)
20170826_165853.jpg

Mila

Arachnoknight
its even cuter when they bump mouth parts and looks like theyre kissing

Patherophis

Arachnobaron
@Scorpionluva I am not sure if there are not some newer works, but according to 2014 revision nasheri is synonym of brachycentrus. Your animals are beautiful, but they look to have nothing to do with nasheri/brachycentrus at all.

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
@Scorpionluva I am not sure if there are not some newer works, but according to 2014 revision nasheri is synonym of brachycentrus. Your animals are beautiful, but they look to have nothing to do with nasheri/brachycentrus at all.
This was the info i already spoke of but have been told by others who are very knowledgeable on updates of species that they were probably being reclassified as their own specific species now. They are leiurus nasheri until i see documention that their name or status has been revisied. If you think that they arent either species - what would be your opinion of what species they are ?

Patherophis

Arachnobaron
They are leiurus nasheri until i see documention that their name or status has been revisied.
I am sorry, but have You read that revision? Kovařík, author of original nasheri description himself changed the status of species in it, so I do not see any reason to question it.
If you think that they arent either species - what would be your opinion of what species they are ?
My opinion is that for proper identification it would be necessary to throw them under microscope. My reasons to claim that they are not nasheri nor brachycentrus is their their coloration, as brachycentrus and nasheri are described as with brownish markings and without dark coloration on fifth metasoma segment. Your animals are clear yellow with very dark fifth segment.
but have been told by others who are very knowledgeable on updates of species that they were probably being reclassified as their own specific species now.
Please provide link or title of such work, withot that it is just anecdote.

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
I am sorry, but have You read that revision? Kovařík, author of original nasheri description himself changed the status of species in it, so I do not see any reason to question it.

My opinion is that for proper identification it would be necessary to throw them under microscope. My reasons to claim that they are not nasheri nor brachycentrus is their their coloration, as brachycentrus and nasheri are described as with brownish markings and without dark coloration on fifth metasoma segment. Your animals are clear yellow with very dark fifth segment.
Please provide link or title of such work, withot that it is just anecdote.
After your observation of the dark 5th segment making them infact definitely not brachycentrus- im going to have to do alot more investigating to prove what species this is for sure. I just found a pdf file on leiurus from Marshall university that i hadnt found in previous searches. It is a 130+ page pdf file so looks like i have alot of reading + comparing to do
I thank you for your input as this is exactly the push i need to truly nail down what specie it is.
I have 1 male that climbed to the top of his tank and fell completely rendering both his chela broken. He cant catch prey anymore and has a very hard time even eating when i kill prey for him. I want to send him to someone who can use him to truly determine what species i have
If you know of anybody who has the ability to do so please let me know. Im not equipped to do so.
Again thank you for correcting me and helping me to nail down which species this is or isnt. They are beautiful and ive never seen any others like them

Patherophis

Arachnobaron
After your observation of the dark 5th segment making them infact definitely not brachycentrus- im going to have to do alot more investigating to prove what species this is for sure. I just found a pdf file on leiurus from Marshall university that i hadnt found in previous searches. It is a 130+ page pdf file so looks like i have alot of reading + comparing to do
I thank you for your input as this is exactly the push i need to truly nail down what specie it is.
I have 1 male that climbed to the top of his tank and fell completely rendering both his chela broken. He cant catch prey anymore and has a very hard time even eating when i kill prey for him. I want to send him to someone who can use him to truly determine what species i have
If you know of anybody who has the ability to do so please let me know. Im not equipped to do so.
Again thank you for correcting me and helping me to nail down which species this is or isnt. They are beautiful and ive never seen any others like them
Not at all. :) In US I would probably try Graeme Lowe or Victor Fet.

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
Not at all. :) In US I would probably try Graeme Lowe or Victor Fet.
I posted pics on facebook and got an immediate response that they appear to be leiurus arabicus which was the only specie that made sense to me after your post. I will try to locate both people you listed still and donate this male for research and or documentation of species. Thanks Again !!!!

Rugg the bug man

Arachnoknight
I posted pics on facebook and got an immediate response that they appear to be leiurus arabicus which was the only specie that made sense to me after your post. I will try to locate both people you listed still and donate this male for research and or documentation of species. Thanks Again !!!![/QUOTE
I posted pics on facebook and got an immediate response that they appear to be leiurus arabicus which was the only specie that made sense to me after your post. I will try to locate both people you listed still and donate this male for research and or documentation of species. Thanks Again !!!!
Leiurus arabicus Nice !!!!
I'm jealous
I've yet to see these around only heard of a few with them.
Anyways I'm sure you'll have great success with them.