Let's compare wishlists!

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I dont really have one, i have what i need now, but if anybody could offer me 1.1 atrax robustos i would not decline the offer ;-)

peterUK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
There aren't many species available that i havent got, had or can get reasonably easy BUT one species that i do want but wont pay the stupid price tag for is Thrigmopoeus psychedelicus (£200+ per sling ?)

beaker41

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I guess i see g. Pulchra slinhs from time to time but theyre always so pricey ! I did find a sling from a lasidora sp that was supposed to be jet black like a pulchra but it didn't make it out of slinghood

Aginor

Arachnopeon
I guess i see g. Pulchra slinhs from time to time but theyre always so pricey ! I did find a sling from a lasidora sp that was supposed to be jet black like a pulchra but it didn't make it out of slinghood
Tarantulas happen to be dirt cheap in my country. I'm getting a G. pulchra sling (about 4-5cm, one of my biggest wishes) tomorrow for 10€. Although, we don't have many species and varieties of any animal, terraristics isn't a thing here.

To stay on topic, one of my wishes is a P. metallica, and it's kinda cheap here as well, but I don't think I'm ready to have one.

beaker41

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Personally i prefer terrestrials and never have seen the appeal of pokies. They're reclusive, very fast and defensive depending on the species, some of them have medically significant venom, and in order to properly care for them and see them at all you've got to be able to drop the temp at night much lower than other species before they will come out and show you that blue. When you can get one that's less reclusive though they sure are beautiful i'll give them that

jiacovazzi

Arachnoknight
Grammostola grossa and anthracina! I love the look of them and apparently pretty hard to find.

saturnthegrey

Arachnosquire
C. elegans
C. perezmilesi
C. bertae
E. sp. "red"
C. cyaneopubescens
B. schroederi
A. seemanni

Not in order of course

l1lthought

Arachnopeon
Firstly:

ALL the Avicularia species.

This one I saw posted on the Archnoboards Facebook page. I have never seen it before:
Haplopelma robustum
  • Aphonopelma Seemanni (blue form)
  • Megaphobema Mesomelas
  • Lyrognathus crotalus
  • Lyrognathus Robustus
  • Theraphosa Apophysis
  • Haploplema Hainanum
  • and Poecilitoheria of course.

Angel Minkov

Arachnobaron
Personally i prefer terrestrials and never have seen the appeal of pokies. They're reclusive, very fast and defensive depending on the species, some of them have medically significant venom, and in order to properly care for them and see them at all you've got to be able to drop the temp at night much lower than other species before they will come out and show you that blue. When you can get one that's less reclusive though they sure are beautiful i'll give them that
Huh? I have 1 AF, 1 SAF and 1 sling and they're not reclusive at all. Why would they come out of the temps drop? During summer, my SAF P. metallica never used her hide and preferred to stay on the side of her tank and weave a web there. When the temps dropped, she started using her hide a bit more.

l1lthought

Arachnopeon
Huh? I have 1 AF, 1 SAF and 1 sling and they're not reclusive at all. Why would they come out of the temps drop? During summer, my SAF P. metallica never used her hide and preferred to stay on the side of her tank and weave a web there. When the temps dropped, she started using her hide a bit more.

I agree. Mine aren't reclusive at all. I have a big female P. Ornata. The only time she is in her hide is if she's going to molt or if she wants to eat in private which is very rarely. She's ALWAYS out. And I definitely never lower my temps. They are pretty consistent throughout.

I do have two shy species and that would be the P. Subfusca Highland and the P.Regalis.
The others I have are not shy at all.

Rogerpoco

Arachnopeon
Firstly:ALL the Avicularia species.
Yup. I've seen people recommend @ least 5 of each T,hoping for a female,and I understand that,and with ones I really hope/intend to breed I agree with that number.
I don't like the word "collection" so much,seems impersonal,but other than avics,I don't really have specific sp. preferences,just ones that catch my eye.
But,even with them all having names,and being my favorite sp.,if any part of my "zoo" could be titled a "collection",it would be that I am determined to have pairs of every avic I can get my hands(and wallet)on.
9 sp. right now,almost certain for 9 more sp. the next few weeks(Thanks,Wife!)-Slings again,Yay! So I won't list them,I want them all.

To big a Metallica fan 20 years ago not to want a Gooty,not sure why I don't have one yet. Also,I follow NASCAR pretty closely(don't ask,lol),been a Jimmie Johnson fan since his rookie year. The P. metallica looks exactly like his racecar would look,if his racecar was a spider. Woo!

I'd like a couple/three more G. pulchra,I have one,so far it's the only terrestrial(that I have)I'd like to try to breed,mebbe a couple more T. ockertis-skittish,but nice-looking/distinctive enough behaviors to mebbe want to breed.

Back to the avics I do have,mebbe another minatrix and a couple more ulricheas,breeding intent.

I remember when I wanted EVERY spider(and still do,haha),and looked at them for sale daily. I guess is pretty indicitave of where my head is at,intentions in the hobby,that I mostly want T's I already have. Surprises me,honestly.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
What's going on...barely anyone going for Psalmopoeus spp. - get it together people! Very underrated and lovely tarantulars. Well, minus the attitude but...it's what makes them so great to have in a collection in conjuction with the great coloration and behavior :D

Kymura

Arachnoknight
Some of us are, going to get a
Psalmopoeus pulcher
and Psalmopoeus irminia

Envoirment

Arachnosquire
My current wishlist:

Aphonopelma serratum
Brachypelma albiceps
Brachypelma vagans
Grammostola iheringi

The only real obstacle in my way is my mother. :D Although G. iheringi and A. serratum are quite uncommon/rare so may be a while before I see one up for sale (There is an subadult/adult A. serratum available on one site at the moment - but would rather get a confirmed female or sling/juvenile).

Spidermolt

Arachnoknight
L. violaceopes
H. maculata
P. subfusca lowland
Phormictopus sp purple
A. versicolor
P. miranda
A. purpurea
T. blondi

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Need...more...Psalms!

Alright, kidding aside (Wait - not kidding! Can't have too many Psalms - ever :D)

Anyways...wishlists: There's quite a few on mine, but I lack the financials currently so it'll have to wait...

P. pulcher (need a new one - I miss the one I had and love that velvety / creamy color it displays)
A. juruensis
A. sp. "Tarapoto"
T. sp. "Panama" (someone got me addicted to their looks...you know who you are!)
H. maculata (yep - need one! Before you say anything Jeff: Shush! :D)
O. olivacea
H. gabonensis
P. subfusca "lowland" (next time hopefully a female)
P. metallica (waaaaaay in the future, not in a hurry but if I come across a good deal...we'll see)
P. brachyramosa
M. balfouri
I. mira

Not a tarantula, but...
H. lunula (I totally love their coloration!)

(anyone seeing a trend there? More OW than NW on this wishlist...I think I got infected in regards to them :p)

I'm pretty sure if I give it another 30 min I can come up with at least 10 more, but for now...that's enough.

...also: Perhaps a 3rd P. irminia...hmmm :D:D:D