leo geckos

manville

Arachnoking
Old Timer
How do i sex leo geckos? I kindda know how to but i dont really know..

Lasiodora

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
They need to be at least 6 months or older to be sexed. You'll need to flip the little guy over and look for a hemi-penal bulge and femoral pores (they are lined in a V formation near the cloaca). If these are present then it is a male. If you know the breeder you got it from, then you can ask them if they incubated it for certain sex. A leos sex is determined by incubation temperatures.
Mike

manville

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yeah..how bout the tail is the tail is fat isnt it a male too?

Lasiodora

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Your welcome. Yes, I do breed them. I hatch the eggs out right in their tank. I have four offspring right now. They're so many out in the market right now, that I find it hard to sell them. This is why I don't hatch out all their eggs. Just a few a year.
Mike

Lasiodora

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Manville,
There is a good book called The Leopard Gecko Manual. It is published by advanced vivariums (avs) and is authored by Phillipe de Vosjoli, Ron Tremper, Roger Klingenberg, DVM, and Brian Viets. This book will cover everything you want to know about breeding and keeping. It's an excelent book to have as a reference. I type very slow but I can give you the info myself if you don't want to get the book. I'd get the book though. It's very good.
Mike

manville

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It is ok if you type slow..you dont have to tell me..ill try look for the book thanks anyways..