Lenxx Pictures *s*

Lenxx

Arachnopeon
Is been some minor changes here since i last posted...
My jewel "Ellie" passed away after a bad molt. :(
Nothing more to say about that really... i hate to have lost her, simply as that.

And there is a newcomber in my pack :)
This sweet little Avicularia metallica arriwed a few days ago, and seems to be settling in rather nicely. Its been webbing a little, and im gonna try feed it later tonight :coffee:
Hope its in a mood for a nice, fat flie :biggrin:

Here it is, btw.

Finally, my Avic sp "guyana" has molted again. And seems to really like the juicy parts. :sarcasm:
So i guess its still in the open if this is a "Phoebe" or "Frank".

Only time will tell, i guess. :sarcasm:

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Cute new sling! I love them when they're small, they grow on me while they grow kinda. As for the molt, you'll probably have to be lucky and find a really fresh molt taking it out the moment you spot it. That was the only way I was able to sex my A. avic, as I wasn't sure about her sex and she didn't molt before in my care...guess I did get lucky finding that one right the next morning before she gnawed on it ;)

Lenxx

Arachnopeon
Yeah, i think i need to get it out fast next molting. Only problem is its usually molting deep down in its tube, and crawls up and over the molt to strech, and seems to start gnawing on the molt short after. I really dont want to disturb it to much either.
Ill hope it will molt closer to the entrance next time. If not, Ill just wait. Im bound to find out one day! :)

Gaherp

Arachnofarmer
Old Timer
fantastic pics, I love the molt sequence gotta see if I can catch that with mine next time.

Lenxx

Arachnopeon
Thanks all *s*

Finally the Avic. sp "guyana" decided to take a stroll, and i noticed there is something on its abdomen. Looks like some remaining skin to me, so i hope this is the only remaining skin. Ill just leave it be, and hope it will be able to get it off by it selves. I dont think its doing any harm, as long as its just this little bit i can visually see.

I managed to get a few pics as well. Not that good, but still. On the first pic, you can vaguely see the skin thats still attached to its abdomen.

Its starting to look mighty good :cool:
Its not much bigger in size, around 2.7 maybe.

---------- Post added 09-20-2012 at 02:05 PM ----------

Got a few more, and better, of the Gyuana :coffee:

S/He is really good looking now!
And for the first time in many years, i have held one of my own tarantullas :giggle:
Thats really something, as i got into this hobby as theraphy, i was afraid of spiders, and i hate beeing afraid of anything. So i bought a spider to get over it. And now, it seems like i have :cool:

What a beauty :)

I like them hairy :giggle:

A better pic of the old molt/wound on its abdomen. When im looking on it now in the pic, it looks more like a wound, but theres no fluid and it does not appear wet either. Hm... i dont know, really. Ill just wait and see. Anyone have any thoughts about this? Need i be concerned?

Lenxx

Arachnopeon
And here my last little newcomber *s*
Just arrived earlyer today, actually!
An Avicularia Purpurea.
Soo sweet it almost hurts :giggle:

Sadly, it seems this one has some kind of deformity on its abdomen, like a tumor or something?

I guess ill just have to wait and see what happens next, as the little one seems healthy for now, already spinning around, making a new home. :coffee:

And by the way... heres where they both live :coffee:
The purpurea is living in the one with the purple lid, and the A. metallica got the green one.

Last edited:

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
That abdomen looks indeed a bit weird. It could be a cyst, but since it doesn't seem to be bothered from what you wrote, I hope it just molts fine next time and that thing is gone. Could be also from transport or whatnot. Either way, congrats on that A. purpurea - they're awesome ;)