Legs sticking straight up

Chelsiexo

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone, I have a C. Cyaneopubescens thats probably about 1.5 - 2 yrs old. I got it in November 2016 at an expo in Toronto.

For the past month, my greenbottle blue has refused food, live or killed crickets. I thought it might be in pre-molt, so I just left some water in there and let her be. Yesterday I noticed 2 of her back legs are sticking STRAIGHT UP! I mean, straight up!

I searched the web and the first result mentioned a stuck molt, another result said cold. My room is ~70 deg F.

The legs do slowly go down, but when the T is moving/disturbed they shoot back up instantly. When she is just sitting there those legs are straight out.

Any help/insight would be appreciated.

Attachments

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
One of the rear legs looks regenerate. Unless its the angle of photo. Bad molt more than likely the issue.

These can handle cold temps so doubt thats the problem. It is strange to see.

It will amputate them if it needs to.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Can't say a thing on the legs, sounds odd, but who knows there. Never had this w/my GBBs. I would however get a deeper water dish, it will require you to fill less often, or have the dish water evaporate quickly.

Temps not an issue either.

boina

Lady of the mites
The T has a very small abdomen so it's strange that it wouldn't eat. This species needs dry substrate, could it have been too wet? It looks like there are some seriously wet spots. How is the ventilation? Low ventilation and too much moisture kills this species fast. The leg movement/not movement you describe points to a neuronal problem but I don't know how to rectify that.

cold blood

Staff member
Yeah there are a few issues obvious....the first as mentioned, it that this is an arid adapted species....moisture can be detrimental to them, and is about the only thing that could kill a GBB with regards to husbandry. The second is that there seems to be a lot of vertical space...making the enclosure one big fall risk. Adding a lot of plants, stick, etc as anchor points will actually cause a GBB to web a lot more, and will actually use the web to raise the floor.