Leg stuck in molt

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So I went to check on everyone today and noticed my A.versicolor sling molted! What was excitement quick turned downhill when I noticed one of his legs was stuck in the molt. This little guy is probably less than an inch. What could I possibly do about this? I'd be afraid to try and remove the molt myself, should I just wait to see if he drops the leg?

esotericman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
ICU and the animal should take care of things itself within a day. I would very firmly be against you trying to do much more on an animal that small.

Spike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
+1 increase humidity. The ICU should take care of that for you.

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I already raised the humidity in the slings container, should I risk trying to move a freshly molted T into an ICU?

esotericman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Is it dragging the old exuvium around? Raising the humidity is not ICU 100% which might soften it up enough to let is slip, or give the animal a chance to remove the offending leg itself.

PhobeToPhile

Arachnoknight
I've heard applying Glycerin to the molt (the stuck part) can also help. The nitro kind of glycerin is bad, however. Just plain glycerin.

esotericman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
At 50% solution of glycerin will work, BUT I would not use it on such a tiny animal. If your wetting agent gets on the book lungs, you'll kill the animal.