Lee's Herp Haven (14.5 x 8.75 x 9.75) for adult Brachypelmas?

Goomba

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey gang,

Came across a batch of brand new large Lee's Herp Haven enclosures.

Their dimensions are 14.5 inches long by 8.75 inches wide by 9.75 inches tall (which roughly equates to 5 gallons, I believe).

Would you guys feel this is large enough for an adult smithi or boehmei (given that the cage's decorations are kept simple as to maximize floorspace)?

It seems like a lot of people have had success keeping G. rosea and various other species in comparably sized Kritter Keepers, but I just wanted some opinions.

In the past my Brachy's had a tendency to climb and wander excessively when I housed them in 10 gallon glass tanks. Perhaps the cozier "Herp Haven" will make the spider feel a bit more content and less prone to wander and climb?

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

For reference, here are the ladies (on the narrow side of the cage obviously);

My adult female B. boehmei, approximately 5.5 inches across.

My female B. smithi.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
We have used those with smithi/boehmei with zero issues. I usually fill them a hair more than halfway,and offer a hide and everyone's happy.The way they taper,the more you fill it,the more floorspace you actually have.

Obelisk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Though not a T, I have an emperor in one of those. It spends more time out in the open in the KK. I guess it feels a bit safer in there (and not so much out in the open) since I have it filled more than halfway with substrate and with a black lid on top.

Malodave

Arachnopeon
This is the one I use:

Lees Breeder Box
Small - (14 1/2" W x 8 3/4" D x 6" H)
Model: 20094

This one is not tall enough for them to climb and fall.

I also have the large version for the two L. parahybanas I just purchased.

Malodave