LED lighting for bioactive enclosure?

Ghost in Souls

Arachnopeon
So I recently transferred my P.metallica into a bioactive enclosure, I was just wondering if the plants will need LED lights to survive (I suck at keeping plants, I've only ever kept one alive), if so, how can I do it without bothering my T

Attachments

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
Ferns generally aren't plants that need a lot of light, but I dont know that specific species so I cant comment directly on it. LED's are preferred if you want good growth without the heat output of more traditional lights, but I dont know if they are absolutely necessary for your situation. What kind of ambient light exposure does the room have?

Thanks,
--Matt

Dandrobates

Arachnoknight
Led lights with a color temperature near 6500k will stimulate plant growth and bring out their vibrancy. But be advised moss is hard to get started without a lot of moisture. Did I say a lot? Since P. metalica is a photosensitive species you may want to try a plant species with low light requirements such as pothos. Pothos is unkillable and I’d recommend it over the other plants you have pictured. Your build is beautiful but I think it’s impractical for Ts given the high light and moisture requirements you’ll have to meet to get the effect I think you are looking for.

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
Led lights with a color temperature near 6500k will stimulate plant growth and bring out their vibrancy. But be advised moss is hard to get started without a lot of moisture. Did I say a lot? Since P. metalica is a photosensitive species you may want to try a plant species with low light requirements such as pothos. Pothos is unkillable and I’d recommend it over the other plants you have pictured. Your build is beautiful but I think it’s impractical for Ts given the high light and moisture requirements you’ll have to meet to get the effect I think you are looking for.
Seconded on the pothos, my preferred plant of choice for low effort bioactive setups. You literally have to try to kill them to succeed at their demise, like put them in a dark closet and not water them for weeks. Even then, it wouldn't surprise me if they bounced back.

Thanks,
--Matt

Dandrobates

Arachnoknight
Wow that is gorgeous. I'm going to pre start my female T stirmi's grown up enclosure soon. I have a fish tank in going to try to convert. She's about 4" right now but I'd love to have something like this for her!!!
Thank you but it’s actually not a T enclosure. It’s a dart frog vivarium.