Leaking T - please help!

verry_sweet

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Any animal that you bring in to your home should be your responsibility till the day they die. With the care and attention they need and deserve. Period. This should not be a topic of discussion unless you don’t have a soul:embarrassed: . And yes I eat meat it’s a law a nature however the same does not apply to companion animals.

Anyhoo I like liquid bandage, cornstarch and flour (even with the mold issue) however I’m not too keen on the superglue and clear nail polish. Have you ever applied either to an open wound? It’s torturous the burning is unreal. When I get a manicure and my cuticle gets damaged and nail polish or superglue is applied it hurts like a son of a gun. Just my thought on that.

Steph:D

Scorp guy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
nissan480 said:
mammals are companions,inverts are pets.

here's a good example,id never run into my burning house to save my pede's,but i damn sure would for my dog.

of course this is my opinion,and i feel sad for the people who have never had a "OLD YELLER".

dogs and horses and such have developed a bond spanning over century's.dogs and horses are necessary tools,and companions,inverts are not.

total thread hijack,my bad.i didnt think there were people who didnt understand the difference,whatever your "PET" choice.

i hope your T is doing good

again,just my opinion,that i think is 100% right.....LOL
...why? why do you even compare pets? that rediculous:embarrassed: That's like picking favorites, like saying "i'd save my cat, but i'd let my dog die, even if i had the chance" or something like that. Even if your dog comes first, you should treat all your pets equally.

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Did anyone notice this thread is a year and a half old?

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
becca81 said:
LOL Becca!! There is always someone ready to fire up an ancient argument!:(

Nate

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
becca81 said:
Don’t complain. I wish more new people would bump older threads. Perhaps this would cut down on the redundant topics like my Rosie is acting weird, best first T, how can I sex my T and etc. :D

bugs4life

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Carmen said:
No one who does not value all of nature's wonderful creatures should own a T or any other pet. All living things are important and all life is a miracle.

I am a retired vet tech & love them all.
People like what they like and don't like what they don't like. I personally don't like cats much either but that doesn't make me unworthy of owning inverts.

tacoma0680

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i would put her in a icu and let her be she will be fine as long as its not from the abdomen

Mr.Extreme

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Water

:confused: um i bought my tarantula 2 days ago on a monday and i sw it eat a cricket but i never saw it drink out of the peanut butter lid with water and a sponge is tht normal for it to no drink:?

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
Yes its normal. Even though they are usually thirsty after being in a petstore, they don't have to be. T's don't really drink often.

And lose the sponge, it gets mold and stuff, getting really nasty for a T's water dish.

Next time though, start a new thread to ask a question, as it doesn't have anything to do with this thread. ;) Just FWI.

i would put her in a icu and let her be she will be fine as long as its not from the abdomen
I think the T is molted and over the problem by now.:)

ShadowclawFC

Arachnopeon
...however I’m not too keen on the superglue and clear nail polish. Have you ever applied either to an open wound? It’s torturous the burning is unreal. When I get a manicure and my cuticle gets damaged and nail polish or superglue is applied it hurts like a son of a gun. Just my thought on that.
I know this is an old thread and all, but I was just reading through and saw this. So, I just wanted to let you know that you shouldn't apply human characteristics to arachnids. Or any animal.
As far as I can find, spiders don't have nociceptors, which relay the sensation of pain to the brain. So the spider really wouldn't care if you put glue or nail polish on its injury, and the only way I think it could be harmful is if injested 1

1- not sure about this, though

AlexRC

Arachnopeon
Glad to hear the T survived, and is well. I hope I never have to deal with something like this, but just in case there are lots of great ideas here to help.