Latrodectus (Theridiidae) Picture Thread

Veigar

Arachnopeon
Nice feeding! Here's one of my Hesperus' finishing up on a Bark Scorpion. The strange thing is, she continued to eat the scorpion for nearly two days, which is quite odd. Maybe it was very tasty?

NYAN

Arachnoking
Nice feeding! Here's one of my Hesperus' finishing up on a Bark Scorpion. The strange thing is, she continued to eat the scorpion for nearly two days, which is quite odd. Maybe it was very tasty?

Why not feed it actual feeders?

Veigar

Arachnopeon
Why not feed it actual feeders?
feeder insects aren't as easy to get here (the place crickets like are very far away from me) plus this scorpion was very easy to catch compared to other feeders and invaded my property so it was fair game to become widow food. And they're ridiculously common too.

RebelWolf

Arachnosquire

She has quite an appetite

Joogvanhedel

Arachnoknight
Baby Latrodectus hasselti come out of their cocoon, dad and mom i have also brought up from a cocoon..

L. h slings 27-07-2018, 1.jpeg L. h slings 27-07-2018, 2.png

Pernicious

Arachnosquire
Thought id share my l.mactans enjoying a white roach .still not 100 percent sure if its male or female (first widow here) but i love it either way and seems female to me

Attachments

NYAN

Arachnoking
Thought id share my l.mactans enjoying a white roach .still not 100 percent sure if its male or female (first widow here) but i love it either way and seems female to me
If you post a photo of the Palp, it can be sexed. Is it a mexicanus variant? I think it may be a female.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Just a thought, it would be a fun thread to show pics of the common habitats the various Latros are found in. Hesperus would easily qualify as a toilet (outhouse) or water meter spider.