Latrodectus breeding questions

NYAN

Arachnoking
Thought so :)... Do you have pictures of the parents ?
The males are no longer with us, but I have photos of the females and a blurry one of her pairing with a male I think. Let’s discuss this in a privately convo so we don’t derail the thread.

Esherman81

Arachnoknight
The males are no longer with us, but I have photos of the females and a blurry one of her pairing with a male I think. Let’s discuss this in a privately convo so we don’t derail the thread.
Sure Will Pm you ..:)

NYAN

Arachnoking
Okay. I separated the egg sac and attached it to a twig inside of a smaller deli cup. The sac got shaken around a little bit and I reattached it in a different position than how she had it. This won’t cause any issues, right?

Joogvanhedel

Arachnoknight
if you dont they can get out themselves. But the mother in the wild helps also.. Your not to early ;-)

Joogvanhedel

Arachnoknight
I have now +/- 10 cocoons in total open, today also one. You can open the cocoon if you like, the white on the bottom of the cocoon are molts.. Now they com run out, and molt again after a few days/weeks, then they start eating..

NYAN

Arachnoking
495D3BBE-4CCE-4255-BECB-A01E118116CA.jpeg WOW, they are adorable! I’m going to separate them. I don’t have flies lol. I probably need to open the sac more.

Okay, I have 16 separated and so far no more have come out, but there’s still dark color in the sac. I’ll get some flies today, but they won’t eat for a few days you say? I hope separating them this early is fine. I know in the wild, they hang around for a bit.

Last edited:

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
They'll be ok for a couple days without food. You can keep them together and feed them larger prey items as well. I had a variolus sac a couple years ago that hatched earlier than expected and I didn't have enough containers at the time, so I kept them together and fed them an adult little Kenyan roach every couple days and didn't have any cannibalism issues.

Joogvanhedel

Arachnoknight
The first few weeks you can leave them together, its easier to feed, they take bigger preys together. Peaces of criket, mealworm etc etc works also fine. Just throw the prey in the web, and they eat from it.

NYAN

Arachnoking
The first few weeks you can leave them together, its easier to feed, they take bigger preys together. Peaces of criket, mealworm etc etc works also fine. Just throw the prey in the web, and they eat from it.

Okay! I separated 16, but there’s like 50 more which I’ll keep together.