• The Report forums are closed to new reports.

Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reports.

Information on how to use our new Reports section can be found in our Tutorials forum.

Lasiodora parahybana

BigDaddyJ

Arachnopeon
Before begining this story Im going to say this was completely my fault and I asked for it. :wall: So anyhow with that said I was feeding today and placed a cricket in with my 3 1/2 inch LP. This particular T has never been an agressive eater or T for that matter. In fact Ive never seen this T eat he generally takes his time and eats whenever.With that said before I closed the lid to his container I placed my finger inside and pushed the cricket so that it would move towards the T. No sooner than my finger touched the cricket he tagged my index finger. It felt as if 2 hot needles were stuck in there. The pain wasnt what I had expected. In fact after the strike it feels a lil tender if I touch the area but doesnt hurt at all. This was my first bite and deff a good learning expirence. Sometimes I think and Im sure there are a few of you out there that we become complacent and do things that we shouldnt. In closing deff learned my lesson and will not attempt that again.
:embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed:

GuyFawkes

Arachnopeon
Lasiodora parahybana bite report (sling: with surprising results)

This is a Brazilian Salmon Pink Birdeating Tarantula bite report, 3 quarters of a day after the incident. Credit goes to:
A 1-2 inch sling.

Went to transfer to a more permanent enclosure, as I had to use a temporary due to unexpected issues with the original enclosure I had set up. As I opened the lid (can't see in, so it's a surprise as to where it is.. that's why I was transferring or I wouldn't have haha) it instantly popped onto my finger, than jumped backwards into the enclosure just as quickly.

-Mechanical bite was nothing, since the T is so small, but the venom seems pretty potent. In the first 15 minutes after the bite my finger was swelling and itchy/burning. After 20 minutes almost 100% of the pain was gone, however a blister/welt began to form at the location of the bite. It has remained the same with no reduction in swelling, no leaking of fluids/venom however it is painful to move the finger, as this "welt" is so swollen it almost rips as the skin stretches.

All in all, for such a small Tarantula it has caused more symptoms than I could have imagined, especially considering the countless bite reports stating that no symptoms were experienced at all, the venom of LP's is mild ect ect

Picture:

PS- This pic doesn't show the redness for some reason, but my finger looks like a red pepper right now.
(seen very similar stuff happen like that with other LP bites.)

Last edited: