Lasiodora parahybana temperature

Bluelight

Arachnopeon
What temperature is ok for LP, and when do i need to move a LP sling into an hotter room? I realized my LP sling was places a bit close to an cold window, where the temperature dropped to 14-15c when it was cold outside, and moved the box to an warmer place. is 18-19 ok? or do it need heat lamp or something?

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
18-19 ok? or do it need heat lamp or something?
Yeah should be fine, I would avoid the heat lamp, it will roast the sling...space heater would be your best option. Now they can survive in those temps just fine as long as they dont drop any lower for long. Its still not what I would consider an ideal temperature range, but do able... temps between 21-24 would be my recommendation.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
As long as temps don't drop below 18°C for extended periods then you should be fine. Over 20°C would be ideal though.

Bluelight

Arachnopeon
Thanks, got the temperature up now. I wonder if it's been buried for weeks due to temp? I can actually see it if i lift up the box, it's at the bottom, and alive. Just not feeding; should I actually react outside keeping temperature?

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
Normally the rule of thumb is if you aren’t cold, the Ts aren’t either. But if the temps are going to drop below 18 C for extended periods of time, you’ll want to invest in an indirect heating set up like a space heater or (only recommended as a last resort) a tank onto which you can mount a heat pad on the side which you then place the t cage within the bigger heated tank so that there is enough air space between the heated side of the outer tank and the actual T cage.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Thanks, got the temperature up now. I wonder if it's been buried for weeks due to temp? I can actually see it if i lift up the box, it's at the bottom, and alive. Just not feeding; should I actually react outside keeping temperature?
Ts are known to fast, and being colder will slow down the metabolism. Maybe it is in premolt? Just make sure it has a full water bowl.