Lasiodora parahybana care tips

sandybanjo

Arachnopeon
So i just brought a 1/2 inch Salmon Pink Birdeater sling from Jamie's tarantula, I know the basic care for it i just wanted tips from other people on how they keep there Lp happy and there enclosure setup pictures would be great :biggrin:
Mine came today, as well!

ramsnew11

Arachnopeon
God is good!!!! Lol as you guys know i recently lost a Lp 1/2 inch sling but earlier today i seen something crawling behind my tv and yes it was the Lp i picked it up and put it in its empty enclosure....

titanT

Arachnosquire
Nice! glad you found it. Dont know if i could sleep in a room with a T lose. i have spider nightmares..lol. heres the molt dates of my LP, only started records a few molts in since it was so small:- instar4 - 19.11.13....<36 days>..........instar5 - 25.12.13........<36days>.....instar6 - 29.01.14..........<35days>.......instar7 - 04.03.14........<45days>.........instar8 - 17.04.14........<51days>.......instar9 - 06.06.14......<48days>.........instar10 - 23.07.14. (just over 4 inches) This is just a guide as veriations in room and enclosure temp, humidity and feeding play a big part. Hope this helps. Good luck with your new T.

Last edited:

ramsnew11

Arachnopeon
Thanks yeah i wasnt really to worried bout sleeping with it since its so small but when it grows thats a different story Lol but the best part my dad let me keep the replacement one he brought me and the mexican red knee so two Lps thanks for all the info

titanT

Arachnosquire
No problem. Ill put some pictures up soon of each molt. So you can get a rough idea of what to exspect in size diffrence per molt with the molt dates ive given, bear in mind im 80% sure ive got a male so yours might not molt as quick and be so leggy. I was gonna say you could breed them then i remembered they will mature at different ages if there the same age. Males around 2 years. Females 3y. To prevent inbreeding..unlucky...and thats only if youve got a male and female to begin with. Wanted to get a gbb, what are they like? Either that or versicolor?

gobey

Arachnoknight
God is good!!!! Lol as you guys know i recently lost a Lp 1/2 inch sling but earlier today i seen something crawling behind my tv and yes it was the Lp i picked it up and put it in its empty enclosure....
Dude that's awesome! Found your T and gained 2 more!

Seriously though that's pretty amazing you found it so quickly. I'm glad you didn't permanently lose a T. Or months later stumble upon a 4" tarantula in your house.

dredrickt

Arachnoknight
Dude that's awesome! Found your T and gained 2 more!

Seriously though that's pretty amazing you found it so quickly. I'm glad you didn't permanently lose a T. Or months later stumble upon a 4" tarantula in your house.
That's still a possibility for me, I lost two 1/3-1/2" LP slings. Though I have a ton of false widow spiders in my house, but most are smaller than my LP's, so hopefully they don't get eaten.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
That's still a possibility for me, I lost two 1/3-1/2" LP slings. Though I have a ton of false widow spiders in my house, but most are smaller than my LP's, so hopefully they don't get eaten.
Not gona lie.. itd be kinda cool a month or two down the road notice false widows are dwendling.. then months later just gone.. and happen apon a 3-4" lp eating a cricket moth or even mouse lmaooo

cold blood

Staff member
Not gona lie.. itd be kinda cool a month or two down the road notice false widows are dwendling.. then months later just gone.. and happen apon a 3-4" lp eating a cricket moth or even mouse lmaooo
Those widows would make quick work out of little LP slings...they wouldn't stand a chance....webbing is a big advantage.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Those widows would make quick work out of little LP slings...they wouldn't stand a chance....webbing is a big advantage.
Ah we dont have have false widows here so had no clue.. but uk theres always the chance it found loose feeders till 3" maybe? XD was just a scenerio i thought would seem cool. Ik i read a few others have the false widow problem so would be a win-win ya know? Lol

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
+1. Any web-building spiders can kill much larger and stronger prey than themselves. Tarantula slings are easy work for them.

ramsnew11

Arachnopeon
Thanks and i love my gbb it is so active and loves to web i would recommend one definately and the coloring is great i personally never owned a versicolor but will most likely in the future

titanT

Arachnosquire
Thanks for the info.do really want a gbb, crimbo though...tut. Along wait. Will put those pics of molts , but such a pain to get pics resized, have them work then post them on here,...and thats just 1.lol do you know the exact size in kb or mb in order for me to get the best quility possible for you, will just pick out my best pic for each instar or i would be on here all day. .. which i have been today. Lol

ramsnew11

Arachnopeon
Lol im sorry i dont ive only uploaded a few pics and it was from my phone but thanks

titanT

Arachnosquire
here are the pics of the molts at each instar so you get an idea of size, compare it to the molt dates ive given to get an idea of time between each molts, sorry didn't record leg span, basically small, lol instar 3 (top pic) to instar 7 (bottom pic)

Attachments

Mpmackenna

ArachnoNerd
I lost a B. Hamorii (Smithi) in my two bedroom apartment twenty plus years ago. It was probably 3" DLS at the time. The best part was I had a roommate that summer. I had to go to my roommate and say "uh hey dude, you seen my spider?" He was like "uh no, why? is it loose?". I was like "no, no, just wondering." A week later I came home from class (college) to find it just chilling in the middle of the floor in my bedroom like 6 feet from the enclosure. I almost stepped on it. I put it back in its cage and was a little more cautious from that point on. It lived to be 19. Died of old age a couple of years or so ago.

cold blood

Staff member
@Devastar What do you need clarification for? You are the one dishing out the dislikes for seemingly no reason. I just asked why.

Devastar

Arachnopeon
@Devastar What do you need clarification for? You are the one dishing out the dislikes for seemingly no reason. I just asked why.
I just didn't agree with one of your old opinions, that's why I placed a dislike. It's also just my opinion, a useless one, but it's just what it is, a reaction, an opinion. o.o