1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lasiodora klugi vs parahybana

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by curioussnake, Jun 28, 2005.

1. curioussnake

curioussnake Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    lasiodora klugi vs parahybana

Which 1 is more pretty?
    What about their comparison in size/ temperement/ cost ?
    I m thinking of buying one of them :D

• Like Like x 1
  2. David_F

David_F Arachnoprince Old Timer

Both get about the same size, I believe. I think the L. klugi is a better looking T but that's just my opinion. As for price, here in the US the L. parahybana is a lot less expensive.

3. This is rather different looking species but it is difficult to find the real klugi in pet-trade...
    The real klugi according the description in my knowlege has blackish overall color and red hairs on the abdomen... and some smaller than parahybana in size.

4. Catherine

Catherine Arachnosquire Old Timer

UK
    IMO the klugi wins hands down. I think its markings are a lot nicer than a parahybana. I don't really rate parahybanas, think they are a bit boring.Plus klugis aren't 10 a penny like parahybanas {D

5. harrymaculata

harrymaculata Arachnoknight Old Timer

what do you mean boring i suppose next thing you will be saying rosies are exciting my para is one of my most active t's allways and i mean allways out in the open, i get threat postures all the time from her shes great and i am an arboreal nut normally but there is two terrestrials i kept which is my b.boehmei
    and para, i agree klugi's have nicer markings, anyway if you find any t boring y do you keep em, also boring is not the right word no t is boring there all fascinating creatures you just get some more active/quirkey than others :mad: :D enjoy em all i understand we all have preferences but these sort of comments do nothing for newbies caus if you say there boring there go out and buy a s.calceatum straight away and get tagged

• Like Like x 3
  6. taorchard1987

taorchard1987 Arachnobaron Old Timer

Cudnt have said it better myself harrymaculata

7. bonesmama

bonesmama Arachnoprince Old Timer

BORING? You should see my L. parahybana leap to the cover of the tank to get a cricket!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. bagheera

bagheera ArachnoTiger Old Timer

No not boring. But they go through the ugly ducking stage! They are bottomless pits when it comes to crickets! ;P

9. kellygirl

kellygirl Arachnoprince Old Timer

NC
    Look here for a picture of an immature male Lasiodora klugi I used to have. A picture's worth a thousand words, as usual. ;)

-Kelly

10. rosehaired1979

rosehaired1979 Arachnoking Old Timer

We have a klugii and he attacks everything in site. I am thinking bout getting a klugii in the future. I can't wait till this one matures so we can get a breeding project so we can get more of this spieces on the market :D

11. curioussnake

curioussnake Arachnopeon

:? Which species can grow bigger ?

12. Lassie wars...

I keep all of the Lassie's and love them all, but the Klugii does have a red tinge to its hairs that is not on the parahybana.
    Both of these can get HUGE!! 11" legspans on males is not uncommon. :razz:

13. GoTerps

GoTerps Arachnoking Old Timer

How do you know it's not uncommon? How many have you seen?

I've yet to see any user here post a picture with ANY spider that measures 11" on a ruler.

LOL greg, not to be too nit-picky, but I'm sure you don't keep all of them! :p

Last edited: Jun 28, 2005
  14. How do I know...

There are rare lasiodora's that I don't have, I stand corrected. I meant all of them that are captive bred and are available. Parahybana, Klugii, Striatus, Striatipes and Difficilus are lassies I own ATM.
    There are some rare Lassie's on Rick West's site that I would love to have!
    ;P :D :)

15. Hello Greg!

What this species is - Lasiodora striata? Tell me please?
    Or You mean by "Lasiodora's=Lasiodora+Lasiodorides"?

If not, I woud rather very sceptic in all of these "Klugii, Striatipes and Difficilus" from pet-trade you have are properly Id'ed...

16. GoTerps

GoTerps Arachnoking Old Timer

Mikhail,

He was probably talking about Lasiodorides striatus, which we do have in the hobby and I.D.'d. Sometimes confused, but the "real" one is around.

Anyone know when Bertani's revision of Lasiodora should be out?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2005
  17. xanadu1015

xanadu1015 Arachnobaron Old Timer

I adore my little parahybana. I swear my Lenny must think he/she's auditioning for Wrestle Mania. The way it attacks crickets is hilarious. He/she is pretty darn fast too. It will be facing one way and the cricket is in a far corner behind it. Even before the cricket can twitch Lenny turns around in a flash and body slams the cricket. This all happens in a blink. As far as "Lassi's" go, I like the parahybana, but I have never owned a klugi (sp?). I don't always choose my T's by coloration anyway.

Laura

18. Eric, "probably" is not the proper word for any species - it must be such as iy is or sp.
    This is You know very well. I undestand Your point and I knew about it already the striatus is in pettrade named Lasiodora or Pampho sp. as well...
    I told of that and it shown also that a lot of "difficilis", "klugi" also Id'ed wrong way by some sellers...

19. hotflakes2

hotflakes2 Arachnosquire

I'm sorry to bring this thread back up? but what is more bigger in size? is it parhybana or klugi?

20. Jared781

Jared781 Arachnobaron

L. klugi are the better "lookers" than the Lp, yet very close.... if you're getting a Lasiodora sp. for the "prettyness" id get the L. difficilis! ALTHOUGH, L. klugi and difficilis are more on the defensive/aggressive side! Where as L. parahybana are more skittish and most can be quite tolerant! Lp in my opinion should be the "stepping stone" in the Lasiodora sp.