Lasiodora Brevibulba

Nomar

Arachnopeon
does anyone knows a bit info about brevibulba , for example its max size and adult pic? please guys if you have something can you share it with me, big help for me. thanks

Whitelightning777

Arachno-heretic
Overalll, the care of all Lasiodora species in the genus are extremely similar if not identical.

Any accurate caresheets for Lasiodora parahybana or difficilis will suffice. I know if no cases where one Lasiodora species seriously deviates from the rest. They are all excellent & a newer species in the hobby is always a plus.

You DO know that tarantulas need to be photographed and the photos posted here in other to thrive, right?

Last edited:

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
What was it labeled as when you bought it? Gorgeous T nonetheless

c.h.esteban

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
"brevibulba" is a smaller species from Costa Rica which was frist described in the genus Crypsiodrmus. they was unfortunatley synonymized with other genera and have nothing common with Lasiodora (stridulatory bristles absent, tibialapophysis absent ...).
the specimen at your picture seems to be too large.

Whitelightning777

Arachno-heretic
Are you sure that the scientific name isn't the same for both, example H pulchripes vs G pulchripes or P metallica vs A metallica (aka now known as morph type 6)?

<Image removed by moderator. Copyright violation>

According to google images, this is Lasiodora brevibulba. I also googled the other one as well.

<Image removed by moderator. Copyright violation>

This one is Crypsiodrmus brevibulba according to google images.

I wouldn't put it past the powers that be to give 2 similar looking tarantulas similar names. Still, most likely they are the same animal. The obvious thing to do is to research how other terrestrials from Costa Rica are cared for and to do something similar to that.

It's a nice looking tarantula & I'm sure that it will do just fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nomar

Arachnopeon
well according to the owner he bought this as a Lasiodora Brevibulba but it seems that its a bit too far according to my research also but it really looks like a lasiodora genus based on its patterns.

hope to get some more knowledge about you guys

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
I amend my previous statement:
I found a taxonomic reference to Crypsidromus brevibulbus, which would explain why I couldn't find a C. brevibulba. I'm currently trying to find a paper with some info.