Largest Communal Project??

ctsoth

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Read the thread, the tank mostly runs itself. Besides of course cricket injections.

proper_tea

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
H incei have been proven to be ultra-communal. They're terrestrial sorta semi-burrowing heavy webbing dwarfs rather than big beautiful arboreals but you'll still end up with a fascinating little web city to watch.

Check this out: http://arachnofreak.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3325&PN=0&TPN=1
Yeah... H. incei are totally the way to go. Get a female and breed her. They breed easily, and are amazingly social.. I have about 30 1.5" slings living with their mother in a 5 gallon. They all keep to one end, and the mom will actually hunt for them and bring back pre-killed prey for them to eat. They crawl all over each other and don't show the slightest signs of territorial or aggressive behavior.

Amazing species.

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
H.Incei do well communually. I saw a thread on another forum with at least 10 probably more in one giant tank.

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well, it sounds as though my great big terrarium isn't useful for much of anything. :mad:
Well if your looking to make it useful and your finding the communal set up isnt going to work, then why dont you look into converting it into a multi enclosure cage. This way you can make a really cool looking enclosure that houses maybe say 6-10 or so T's. If it isnt clear like glass than I dont know if this would be a good idea. Just my opinion. But if your looking to do a communal I would guess either a p. regalis or a h. incei setup, but I dont have any firsthand experience in this so I dont know if i would take my advice lol.

ShellsandScales

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If you search on here there was already a thread about communal H. incei and they are very successful with I believe either a 75gal or 125 gal tank. H. incei are truely communal not just tolerant of each other I would maybe do a search and start there.

GForce14063

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have 9 sub adults H incei that I am thinking about a communal tank ever since I seen the communal tank at the ATS site. I will post pics once I have it set up.

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I dont know if i would try that gforce. If I were you I would purchase a few sac mates at sling size rather than throw sub adults together.:eek:

Potemkin

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'd say the best idea is a nice dart frog tank. Tarantulas are nice, but if you really want to do a communal project, darts are great. Leucs or galacts would never fight, you can set up a kickass cage with a ton of plants. Then you can keep the rest of your T's in five gallons on top of the cage.