Larger old world or unique species ??

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I’m probably going to start making a. Wishlist might be a few years unless I sneak Ts in.
Or wait to move out.
Looking for ideas of large and unique species or well colored ideas.

Right now I only have mostly pokies , still missing P. Subfusca and various others .

Less hair kicking the better. Might expand on old worlds .:headphone:

My parents dislike my spiders cuz I’m allergic to new world hairs or they hate them just in there own way .old worlds avoid this .

AnObeseHippo

Arachnoknight
I’m probably going to start making a. Wishlist might be a few years unless I sneak Ts in.
Or wait to move out.
Looking for ideas of large and unique species or well colored ideas.

Right now I only have mostly pokies , still missing P. Subfusca and various others .

Less hair kicking the better. Might expand on old worlds .:headphone:

My parents dislike my spiders cuz I’m allergic to new world hairs or they hate them just in there own way .old worlds avoid this .
There are more than a few NWs without setae. Psalmos and Taps are the first ones that come to mind. I love my P. irminia and I’d highly recommend it or some other Psalmo if you get the chance

Edit: I found a list of the genera on an older thread here.
Catumiri
Hemiercus
Holothele
Oligoxystre
Proshapalopus
Psalmopoeus
Pseudoligoxystre
Sickius
Tapinauchenius

Last edited:

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
If you don't have any Psalmos then you need some, cambridgei and irminia get pretty big.

As for some larger OWs:

C. huahini
H. gigas
P. muticus
L. violaceopes
L. sp. "Borneo Black"
P. subfusca 'lowland'/P. ornata/P. rufilata

Edit: I found a list of the genera on an older thread here.
Catumiri
Hemiercus
Holothele
Oligoxystre
Proshapalopus
Psalmopoeus
Pseudoligoxystre
Sickius
Tapinauchenius
Also:
Dolichothele (not sure if Oligoxystre still exists, I know some were moved to Dolichothele)
Neoholothele

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
phormingochilus carpenteri supposedly reach 9 in legspan. They're really defensive though, I got a full threat display from my male when he was just a 2 inch sling. He tried to bite my finger through the plastic wall of his enclosure too, though I'm not sure if that was defensive or a feeding response.

AnObeseHippo

Arachnoknight
If you don't have any Psalmos then you need some, cambridgei and irminia get pretty big.

As for some larger OWs:

C. huahini
H. gigas
P. muticus
L. violaceopes
L. sp. "Borneo Black"
P. subfusca 'lowland'/P. ornata/P. rufilata

Also:
Dolichothele (not sure if Oligoxystre still exists, I know some were moved to Dolichothele)
Neoholothele
Oh cool. Figured something on the list was out dated but I was too new to the hobby to know, and too tired at the time to figure out. Thanks for that