large terrestrial flatworms in captivity

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
Are any large tropical terrestrial flatworms available for sale in the US? Or are they illegal here (like too many other species)? There are some cool looking flatworms I would like to try keep.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
If they're native then you could potentially keep them (I don't know the rules about shipping them over state lines, but I assume it's illegal). Unfortunately I don't think the native species are very large.

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
So I take it that the tropical ones are illegal? Due to potentially being invasive I assume. So that would be another stupid "blanket law". I mean I understand not allowing tropical inverts in the warmer parts of the south, but I live in Ohio, nothing tropical is going to survive the winter here, even with climate change.

Bob Lee

Arachnobaron
So I take it that the tropical ones are illegal? Due to potentially being invasive I assume. So that would be another stupid "blanket law". I mean I understand not allowing tropical inverts in the warmer parts of the south, but I live in Ohio, nothing tropical is going to survive the winter here, even with climate change.
I can't even buy dubias in Canada :rolleyes:. We got snow in June.

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
I can't even buy dubias in Canada :rolleyes:. We got snow in June.

I here ya, stupid laws aren't just in the US.

I've been thinking in the US we need our own lobbyists. I mean not just for inverts but for herps, birds, fish, etc. - a exotic pets lobby. While I certainly support protection for endangered species and keeping exotics from becoming invasive, the current laws are overreaching and not only hurt pet owners but in some cases wildlife itself (such as the Sri Lankan pokies).

Last edited: