1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Landscape photography

Discussion in 'Through the Lens' started by dragonblade71, Mar 24, 2011.

1. The Snark

The Snark Extremely jaded cynical yet optomistic Old Timer

Advertisement
    Not really photography, just snapshots.
    It's strange now. I can glance at any photo, mine or anyone else, of that 2000 sq mile area and tell you exactly where the person was.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Chris LXXIX

Chris LXXIX Arachnoking Active Member

Roskilde Viking harbour is a magnificent place to visit, many grave hills... love your nation :)

• Lollipop Lollipop x 1
  3. louise f

louise f Arachnoangel Arachnosupporter

So you have been on visit here, that`s great to hear. ;) Actually Roskilde is not far from where i live:joyful: I am from Slagelse
    Have you ever visit Copenhagen then ?;)

4. Chris LXXIX

Sadly, no, in Denmark no :-/ reason i know Roskilde Viking harbour is due to pics my friends showed me, they went (on purpose) years ago searching for Viking ancient tracks etc they been of course in Copenhagen as well but they gave to me a couple of Christmas plates at least, bit of solace :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. louise f

Ohhh you disappointed me there:shifty: haha just jokin:hilarious: but i have been in italy:p haha:D

• Like Like x 1
  6. Chris LXXIX

You are right :) it's a shame, sadly. I've been to Germany -- for Vogelspinnen Borse <-- don't know how to type the "o" the right way with the two dots :p but not in Denmark.

Where, in Italy, if i can ask? :)

7. louise f

HAHA i am not good with the German writing either.:D Sure you can it was Bolzano, great town and country. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Scott C.

Scott C. Arachnofloater Arachnosupporter

Here is a pic of my Goodbye Gabriels hike coming up in July. Taken from the top of Baden Powell during a 14 to the 15 trek on the PCT last spring.

[​IMG]

Gonna crash 5 points from the west side. Heathen flats > Iron Mountain > Baldy via the San Antonio ridge. Fitting end to ~30 years of San Gabriels play time.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Chris LXXIX

I love our neighbours :) there lives one of the most famous Italian breeders (tough he's more comfortable when speaking German than Italian, ah ah) i love the Krampus traditional parade they perform with those devil masks :)

IMO one of the best regions of Italy, clean air, amazing enviroment... lovely.

• Like Like x 1
  10. louise f

Ohh is he a German perhaps. :) Yeah it is a beautiful city, with many great shopping abilities, and nice people there. ;) Never saw the parade though.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Chris LXXIX

No, i mean, ah ah yes. He's Italian, they are Italians, but they (majority) are from German heritage, they have German names/surnames, they speak German on daily basis. They used to "Troll" (when Trolling didn't existed) other Italians, especially from the Center/South, speaking in German when they asked things in Italian :p
    I'm from Lombardy, we are neighbours, so that didn't worked with us :)

12. louise f

Ohh that`s good to know. ;) I would like to visit Rome sometime.

13. Chris LXXIX

Always amazing, sadly a bit on disgrace today. Horrible administrations of the past did nothing. People fix things (like holes in the streets etc) by themselves, go figure :)

14. louise f

Sounds like here:)

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. The Snark

Fond memories. Ditching school, heading up to Mt. Lowe then deciding to call it a day or make a week of it.
    Lower and upper Chilao, Wrightwood, Pearblossom the perimeter of my preferred stomping grounds. Made the Cajon to Tejon trek once in as straight a line as I could. Beast of a hike and so satisfying. Red Box, Switzers, Wilson, Chantry, Arrowhead, Big Bear... now I'm homesick again.

16. Scott C.

Scott C. Arachnofloater Arachnosupporter

Nice, dude. Our footsteps are old friends

17. Tim Benzedrine

Tim Benzedrine Prankster Possum Arachnosupporter

m_IMG_4534post.jpg

Not great, but it is a landscape.

• Like Like x 2
    • Award Award x 1
  18. louise f

IMG_1970.JPG IMG_1971.JPG IMG_1966.JPG

Caught this beautiful rainbow today. In front of my garden. Is it just me or is there 2 rainbows on the last pic. Pretty odd. Never seen that before:)

• Like Like x 3
  19. The Snark

Rainbow trick: stare at the center of the rainbow then move your eyes to just beyond the colors. You should see a second rainbow out beyond that.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Trenor

Trenor Arachnoprince Active Member

NC
    Here is some info on rainbows I found on a weather site you might find interesting.

Nature's natural color spectrum always elicits the same pattern (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet) when light is refracted, commonly known from the Roy G. Biv mnemonic.

While a primary rainbow is visible when light is reflected once off the back of a raindrop, a secondary and usually dimmer rainbow is spotted when light is reflected twice in a more complicated pattern.

The colors of the second rainbow are inverted, with blue on the outside and red moved to the inside. The second bow appears dimmer or cloudier because much more light is released from two reflections, and both bows cover a larger portion of the sky.

It is rare and unlikely, but three or even four rainbows can be seen on occasion, but only if they are reflected off of the earthly objects.

The best time to see a rainbow is in the early morning or late afternoon, when the sun is lower in the sky. When the sun is in a lower position, a higher bow can be seen.

• Informative Informative x 2