• The Report forums are closed to new reports.

Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reports.

Information on how to use our new Reports section can be found in our Tutorials forum.

Lampropelma nigerrimum

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Successful!!!

The female was paired a couple of times over the course of a few months. She never seemed receptive towards either male I gave to her and showed her aggression by eating both of them. I didn't have high hopes for these pairings because I never witnessed any insertions. Her enclosure was flooded a few times prior to her dropping the eggsac. The eggsac was dropped on 1/13/12 and was pulled at around 35 days. The eggs didn't emerge to EWL's until 2/25/12. They reached 1st instar on 3/24/12 and 2nd instar on 5/7/12. The final count of the eggsac was 117 perfectly healthy slings. The temps were kept between 65-75 degrees throughout the entire process and the humidity was close to 100% during the whole incubation process.

EWL's

1st instars:

2nd instars:

martin lees

Arachnopeon
Lampropelma nigerrimum success
Lampropelma nigerrimum

Successful
AF molted 5/10/12
I received a MM from Paul Towler on a 50/50 agreement.
I waited until I had seen him do a sperm web and introduced him into the females tank on 25/11/12.Nothing happened when I was up,so left in in overnight.Had a look in the morning and he had been killed and eaten.So I had no idea if he had got a good insert.A few weeks later one of my own L.nigerrimum mated into a mm so I put him in with female on 10/12/12.He went the same way as the first male.
For the next few moths she was kept as normal on my middle shelf at around 75'f.Late January 2013 she was being fed a bit more than usual and looking quite plump so I put her tank on top self at around 82,f and wetted substrata.
On 8/2/13 she started webbing up loads and constructed an eggsack.
I left this with her for 48 days and decided to pull it.
On opening the eggsack I noticed around 90+ N2,s.
These were put into a newly constructed incubator with more airflow and humidity,using a house of spiders terrestrial enclosure.
After a few weeks they molted into spiderlings.
Total 88

Last edited by Martin Lees; 26-04-13 at 03:11 PM.

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Successful!

Another eggsac was dropped by the same female that dropped one for me last year. She was paired off and on between the months of January and February of this year. An eggsac was dropped 3/18/13 and was pulled on 4/25/13. At that point they were still eggs, but the first EWL sprouted on 5/2/13 and by 5/6/13 they were all EWL. On 5/26/13 they began to darken up. 1st instar was reached 5/30/13 and 2nd instar was reached 6/21/13. The temps were kept between 70-80 degrees and the humidity was near 100% in the incubator. The final count was 83 2nd instars.

The eggsac:

First to emerge:

EWL's darkening up:

1st instars:

2nd instars: