Lampropelma nigerrimum Sexual Dimorphism

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
I've read on previous threads that you can tell which one is female by coloration when they're as little as 1". Does anyone have photos of them around that size? I'll be picking some out and want to make sure I get a female at least.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
dont be that guy making a million threads in Q n D to get more posts.. i watch this particular forum and its annoying to get 10 alerts and all of them your new threads.

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
dont be that guy making a million threads in Q n D to get more posts.. i watch this particular forum and its annoying to get 10 alerts and all of them your new threads.
I'm not being that guy. I'm going to be placing an order and just wanted to know if anyone had any info on this. I read previous threads regarding this but only saw photos of them up to 2", but was curious to see if they look a bit different at 1". Well, I'm sorry it's so annoying they're all from my threads, but I'm not spamming the forum on purpose.

The other thread I posted was in regards to the C. paganus and if anyone knew what they exactly were so I don't go into the mindset of just breeding.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Chad Campbell ('Advan') posted some pics last year of juvenile Lampropelma (not sure which species) to show how the males lighten at a young age.

smiittyy

Arachnosquire
I've read on previous threads that you can tell which one is female by coloration when they're as little as 1". Does anyone have photos of them around that size? I'll be picking some out and want to make sure I get a female at least.
L. nigerrimum males will start showing sexual dimorphism at sizes as small as around 1 1/2". Indicated by the light brown tarsals(feet) on males and the lack there of on the females.

At 2" plus other dimorphism's become apparent i believe. Ex: males being much lighter/brownish in color and lacking the darker/purple front legs.

This is not first hand knowledge. If i wrong about any of this feel free to correct me.