Lactrodectus mactans egg sac help

Spyder b

Arachnosquire
So I opened my females black widows egg sac last night and babies started crawling out. I'm planning to keep them to watch the process of this arachnids life, but I don't really know how to care for the babies. They're are basically starting to darken up instead of staying clear but how does this suppose to work cause this is my first sac I've been apart of.

Attachments

JumpingNerscylla

Arachnosquire
Just let them cannibalize eachother until they get to an easier size to sort, that's what most people do. It might be too early for them, but, you could put them in a fridge for a few minutes, let them slow down, then, remove the parts of web they're on.

Oh sorry, misread. Most of what I stated still applies, but, once they've gotten to a smaller number, but bigger sizes, you can sort them out easier. Once they've been separated, you can feed the most small insects, like you would the mother. For water, get a cotton ball and lightly mist it before placing it in with them. Although, you shouldn't have to worry about that for a while (due to, once again, cannibalism).

Last edited by a moderator:

Spyder b

Arachnosquire
Oh sorry, misread. Most of what I stated still applies, but, once they've gotten to a smaller number, but bigger sizes, you can sort them out easier. Once they've been separated, you can feed the most small insects, like you would the mother. For water, get a cotton ball and lightly mist it before placing it in with them. Although, you shouldn't have to worry about that for a while (due to, once again, cannibalism).
Alright awesome thanks for the help