L. Parahybana sling death

blazetown

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I just recently acquired two parahybana slings (actually one but I was sent an extra in case of accidental death) and the larger faster growing individual was in a death curl today and is apparently dead....the loss sucks but I haven't grown too attached since I've only had it for about a week.

Does anyone have feedback in regards to the fragility of Lasiodora Parahybana slings?

arrowhd

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Random sling death does happen in every species. As far as I am aware L. parahybana are tough little buggers.

halfwaynowhere

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I lost one of my L parahybana slings not too long ago... just random death, I suppose.

Senses-Tingling

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have about 75 L.parahybana slings that have molted 2-3 times and I have lost 1, for no apparent reason - they are all kept the same way. It is likely that I will lose 1+ still. Nature takes its course, even with our intervention.

ThomasH

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah. Its sad but sling deaths are just part of being an arachnid keeper. Hopefully the other sling will make it.

HerbertWest

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I lost a L. Parahybana sling as well recently..what is really tragic about the situation is that i had a 3 and a half to 4 incher loose in my house thanks to a curious cat for about 3 months and got a sling to raise up again..both are dead so ive been pretty bummed out about it..gotta get another one to try all over again

oblivion22

Arachnopeon
I was planning on buying a L. parahybana sling this weekend. Kelly Swift (of Swift's inverts fame) is coming to a local show here in Alabama, and he has them posted on his website for 5 bucks a piece. Guess I will buy 4 or 5 just incase.

------AAAHHHH....check that-the 5 dollar spiders are 1/4 inch, glad LP's are fast growers.