L. Parahybana molt

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The carapace has darkened? Usually it's the abdomen that does the darkening when it comes to premolt. Pictures would definitely be of great assistance

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
if its refusing food, AND the abdomen has gone black then id say YUPP.. a molt is on its way

ElevenBravo

Arachnopeon
I would not be surprised if it was molting now holy crap thats a dark abdomen.

My tiny Lp molted just yesderday evening.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
hard to tell just off that pic, as its real blurry.. DEF in premolt tho... theyre usually pretty dark ALL OVER by the time its time to molt.. those legs still look pretty light in color.. in either case, give it a light mist every other day or so and it oughta do its trick in no time.

hotflakes2

Arachnosquire
Since when did you try to feed it? If it refuses food which is unusual for him then i'd say it is in pre molt.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The darkest part of the abdomen in that pic is the u-hair patch. If you look at the abdomen where it meets the carapace, it is still the peach color with the heart running up the middle. It still has a way to go before it molts. The whole abdomen will be shiny and black when a molt is impending.

Curious jay

Arachnodemon
Here is a pic of my LP when it was in heavy premolt to give you an idea of what your looking for:

but generally and LP wont turn down food so it could be coming up for a molt.

for good measure... here he is molted:

heres his molt (measured 2 3/4 inches):

Last edited: