L Para growth rate?

Claire Beckett

Arachnopeon
I got my then 1cm L parahybana sling in Nov and have been feeding with micro crix. She only molted for the 1st time in my care on Monday - now 2cm. I thought from what everybody said about them that they are supposed to grow faster - does this sound right? Iwonder if she isnt feeding as much as she should be or should the temp be higer or something? Just worried there might be something I'm not doing right.

Claire

penny'smom

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey Claire.

A lot of a T's growth is dependant on the temp it is kept at, and the frequency/amount of food. Lower temp and less frequent feedings will slow the growth rate down. The reverse is also true with higher temps and frequent feedings.

Why don't you give us a temp, and feeding schedule, and perhaps those in the know can better answer your question. I have answered as best I can personally.

dantediss

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i was curious as well . i keep my salmon sling at 75 to 80 degrees and feed her maybe 2 times a week . so far shes molted twice in about 2 months . now iv heard a molt every six or so weeks is normal but just curious if the salmon truly does grow like a weed or am i doing something to inhibit it ? if so i dont mind id much rather watch her grow up then just speed up her moltings . just curious about the weed theory as well sorry to hijack the message :(

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
They do grow like crazy. I think it's more that they increase a lot from molt to molt rather than molt more frequently. At least that's been my experience. Since they're pretty voracious eaters they can molt frequently if you feed them heavily and keep them warm.

Claire, that is a long time between molts. Your answer to the temp/feeding question will shed some light on this.