Kukulcania

Andrew Clayton

Arachnobaron
Can anyone help with sexing Kukulcania arizonica?
Sexing pics should be posted in the sexing category and it’s to be an underside photo, only way to tell like that is if they are mature and/or they are sexually dimorphic and I’ve never even heard of that species before so don’t know if it is sexually dimorphic or if it’s mature but it is one cool looking spider

Snakes

Arachnopeon
Leg span is a bit bigger than a quarter. It certainly looks female to me.

Andrew Clayton

Arachnobaron
A quarter is bigger than a 2p.
Sorry found one. It’s smaller than a 2p same size as a 10p
0ED0A8BD-43F3-42DC-B494-BF6DA8DEDDDC.jpeg
As you can see in the pic, it’s a quarter sitting on top of a 2p I don’t have a 10p to hand but trust me there the same size

Snakes

Arachnopeon
It's been a very long time since I've visited England. The difference between coins fails me at this point.

Andrew Clayton

Arachnobaron
It's been a very long time since I've visited England. The difference between coins fails me at this point.
Scotland!!! We’ve had the same coins for decades lol our 50p got smaller about 20 years ago and they brought out a £2 coin and last year they changed our £1 still the same size but has flat sides, oh and we have plastic £5 and £10 notes the rest are still paper lol and no £1 notes anymore

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Can anyone help with sexing Kukulcania arizonica?
How long have you had this Kuk?

It's obviously not a mature male, but you can't really distinguish between juvenile females and juvenile males just by looking. However, if it's more than 3 years old, and it's not a mature male, there is a good chance it's female.

NYAN

Arachnoking
It's obviously not a mature male, but you can't really distinguish between juvenile females and juvenile males just by looking.
This is true. I wouldn’t put it as female or male without knowing how old it is and the last molt. Based on the size, I am inclined to believe that it is either mature or almost mature. I’ve seen this species while exploring in NM and AZ. I recall them being about the size of this individual.