Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • I don't know

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

Bruce Anderson

Arachnopeon
I was wondering if my two gravid female Kukulania Hibernalis' could live together in the same enclosure?

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
Since there is not enough distance in a cage for them to ‘get away’ from each other, I’m pretty sure a Battle Royale would ensue pretty fast.

Bruce Anderson

Arachnopeon
The enclosure im wanting to put them in is a 4 gallon aquarium. Is that still not far enough? I collected the specimens about 6 inches apart.

NYAN

Arachnoking
I wouldn’t risk it. They may or may not decide to eat each other. Do you really want to find out though?

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
The enclosure im wanting to put them in is a 4 gallon aquarium. Is that still not far enough? I collected the specimens about 6 inches apart.
It’s just being in an unnatural environment can really alter the spider’s behaviour because there’s a whole host of differences besides the fact that they are in a box. The smells, wind currents, and air pressure as well as air temperature are all different in the cage than what they’d be in Nature. I mean, nothing is stopping you from trying, but just be prepared that there’s a good chance things will go wrong. I’d also wonder if one or both would eat their egg sacs from being stressed if they were in the same enclosure...

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
I was wondering if my two gravid female Kukulania Hibernalis' could live together in the same enclosure?
Although in the "wild" their webs are close together, I would not house more than one Kuk in one enclosure.

Being in a confined space may elicit less tolerant behavior, and I would not be surprised if they ate each other.