Kubo, and the two claws

Farbones

Arachnopeon
Hey guys, wanted to introduce my Asian forest scorpion.
(Heterometrus Spinifer)
Her (90% sure), name is Kubo.
Her new terrarium is fairly bare, any suggestions on things to add?
I’m not a fan of fake environments so if you guys know any plants that go really well with these guys I’d love your advice!
She’s do for a substrate change tonight , switching from soil to coconut.
She’s currently in a 10 gallon mid height terrarium.
Also is there any surefire way to tell if she’s preggers?
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

NYAN

Arachnoking
Is that a sponge in there? I would switch to a dish if it is, good way to grow bacteria. A pregnant scorpion will be very fat, her plates will actually spread apart. You can shine light through them and see the developing young sometimes also.

Farbones

Arachnopeon
Is that a sponge in there? I would switch to a dish if it is, good way to grow bacteria. A pregnant scorpion will be very fat, her plates will actually spread apart. You can shine light through them and see the developing young sometimes also.
I was using my uv flashlight on her yesterday and did notice that her plates had quite a lot of space between them, I will attemp the shine through technique tonight and see if I can see anything.
Also thanks for the info on the sponge, I was afraid of accidental drowning with a dish.

NYAN

Arachnoking
I was using my uv flashlight on her yesterday and did notice that her plates had quite a lot of space between them, I will attemp the shine through technique tonight and see if I can see anything.
Also thanks for the info on the sponge, I was afraid of accidental drowning with a dish.
I’ve seen videos of these guys exploring underwater, completely submerged under 6-8 inches of water.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
What does the full setup look like?

tewebag

Arachnoknight
I know way more about tarantulas than I do scorpions so someone correct me if I am wrong.

Mine enjoys digging a lot, it's made a long extended burrow from the starting on I gave it using a piece of cork bark so you might want to add a few inches of sub and bury that hide.

NYAN

Arachnoking
Here is a picture
About to change the substrate, and add a few stones
Sponge is still there, add a water dish please, even a condiment cup will work. I see a light, is there a heat lamp on it? Those are bad. I also agree there should be more substrate. This species likes it moist also keep in mind.

Farbones

Arachnopeon
Sponge is still there, add a water dish please, even a condiment cup will work. I see a light, is there a heat lamp on it? Those are bad. I also agree there should be more substrate. This species likes it moist also keep in mind.
Here it sits, need to pick up another bag of substrate, first time with a scorpion so bear with me.
I appreciate the great advice.

Attachments