Knocked sling while molting

Will22322

Arachnopeon
My b smithi sling is on its back moulting i was looking at him and accidentally knocked into the side hes on the enclosure wobbled a bit and he moved his legs into the air like he was startled will he be okay sorry if its a stupid question hes my first tarantula ive not seen any of them molt before just scared

krbshappy71

Arachnosquire
Pretty sure he will be fine, am new to Ts but its not like you touched him/poked him or anything, it just shook the enclosure.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Should be fine....if you knocked container on floor..different story.

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
I have accidentally knocked an enclosure with a moulting T in and it moulted fine. I wouldn't worry about it.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
I've literally picked enclosures up off their shelves, plonked them down at my work area and opened them up to find the T was in the middle of a moult on more than one occasion, I carefully put them back and left them alone after, it's never caused an issue.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I've literally picked enclosures up off their shelves, plonked them down at my work area and opened them up to find the T was in the middle of a moult on more than one occasion, I carefully put them back and left them alone after, it's never caused an issue.
Same. Felt/feels really weird looking in and finding a spider that was moulting. Sort of like walking in on someone who's sleeping. Makes no sense, I know, but I can't help it. I'll close the lid really softly and tiptoe it back to the shelf. :bucktooth: