Kissimmee, FL

ReignofInvertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm tired of the frigid weather up here in Northern Michigan, so I will be traveling to FL for about a week starting on the 11th. Not sure how much I will find or where I will look because I've never been in the Kissimmee area. Will upload pics on this thread of whatever I find.

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
I'm tired of the frigid weather up here in Northern Michigan, so I will be traveling to FL for about a week starting on the 11th. Not sure how much I will find or where I will look because I've never been in the Kissimmee area. Will upload pics on this thread of whatever I find.
Cool, look forward to seeing some pictures! :) There are some cool, unusual darkling beetles there!

Tigrosa

Arachnosquire
Never a shortage of stuff to find in Florida! Looking forward to some pictures.

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
My finds so far: Latrodectus geometricus adult female, L. geometricus juvie, 3 sacs from the same female, and two anoles!
Cool! Ah, I remember living in Florida, the Anoles were everywhere! I mostly saw the brown anoles, looks like you found a brown coloured green anole!

ReignofInvertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Update from night hunt. I found several of what I believe to be L. geometricus slings (plus there are confirmed egg sacs everywhere), a small Tigrosa sp, and an unknown roach species. Unfortunately my iPhone won't let me upload images for some reason, so I'll get them in tomorrow on my laptop.

Shawnee

Arachnosquire
Lots of cool stuff to find in FL :) When I first moved into my house I discovered 4 female black widows were living in my garage. Keep up the pics!

Cazador

Arachnosquire
Yep, Florida has all kinds of anoles. Several years ago I noticed a much bigger species show up in my yard that never used to be here, so we seem to have a pretty good variety too. My cat brings them to me as presents all the time, thankfully alive in most cases.

Nice pictures!