King of the hobby?

DustinGoliath

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
What is the biggest, meanest and most impressive tarantula in the hobby? We're talking sheer size, appitite, and always throws a threat display. I know the best looking ones, now I want to know who the bulldog is. Besides Theraphosa Blondi. I already have a couple of those. Im guessing King baboon?

Last edited:

Kid Dragon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Theraphosa blondi is the king hands down. Any other T that you know of that can eat a fer-de-lance? Both the fer-da-lance and the boogyman look under their bed to check T-blondi isn't there before they go to sleep. Theraphosa apophysis might be second place, it could even be larger than T-blondi.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Size is still theraphosa. But I agree that C. crawshayi is a mean son-of-a-gun.

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'd put a few pampho's in contention...sheer size, virosity and speed...even T. blondi is impressed;) maybe a couple of pokies too.....

wayne

DustinGoliath

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'd put a few pampho's in contention...sheer size, virosity and speed...even T. blondi is impressed;) maybe a couple of pokies too.....

wayne
I'll prolly go with a King Baboon. Been wanting a Baboon of some sort. Might as well be the biggest and meanest.

DustinGoliath

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ok, so one that dosent like to hide all the time. Do all that baboons hide a lot? How about Obt's? How big do those get?

DreadLobster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
King Baboons do hide a lot. Just set up their burrow for them before you even put them in the tank. Put it up against the side of the tank and rig it so you can see it whenever you want. They are really big and they hiss like crazy when they get mad. Great to show off to people who are scared of spiders.

Nam

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
KING FTW!!! I am going to buy a Fem King Baboon as soon as I can:) Hole or no hole I want this sp.{D

DustinGoliath

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Right on! Man, I bet youd have to have a lot of dirt for a burrower that big. I just want the most powerful looking T out there! Anyone know the size and attitude of the new Australian T's?

samsbugs

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
As far as aditude I hear that they have a bad one, and get good size. I don't have any, just what I hear. I need to get some to find out.

stevecooper

Arachnopeon
I would go with Female King Baboon too. MY girl is probably about 7-8 inches. I haven't seen her in about 6 months. I just put a few crickets inside her borrow whenever it is open.

Kid Dragon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Put a full grown female King Baboon in a tank with a full grown female T-blondi and watch the Baboon get eaten. Video and then post on YouTube.

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Put a full grown female King Baboon in a tank with a full grown female T-blondi and watch the Baboon get eaten. Video and then post on YouTube.
now tell me whats wrong with you?
and why would you want to do such thing?