King Baboon Prices

stevecooper

Arachnopeon
So I went to the reptile show today, and I was checking out all the T's that everyone had. I came across some 2 inch King Baboon and one guy had one for 80 bucks, Another guy had one for 80 bucks too. Was there a recent shortage on King Baboons? or something that I don't know about. When I purchase mine I paid 30 bucks for mine. Steve

Crazy0monkey

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
seems very high. Im guesing one guy was sellign his for 80 so the other guy bumped his price up(just a guess)

testdasi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It's called "collusion". Because at the reptile show, those two guys are the only supplier of baboon so they can agree with each other to set the price high (called a duopoly) or they simply unknowningly set the price close to each other's level which is high (called a tacit collusion). Sorry, can't help. Too much econ reading today. :D

samsbugs

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
For $80.00 you can get 5.5-6" females, I have a few, I think I have them for $80.00-$90.00 on my list.

Kid Dragon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
At a show in Ft Myers I saw King Baboons for sale that were about 7 inches and well over $100, maybe $125-150 I can't remember.

scolex

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well I paid $40 for my sling at around 1"???? And now its 2" so in your case I doubled my price for it LOL

miarachnids

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It is alittle high but, A 2 " king would be captive bred. A large king would be wild caught and less expencive.

SpiderZone2

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You can get nearly one that is around an inch for about 25 bucks. You do the math. Plus you have to figure in that they are slow growing and all the food and time you spend on getting them that size. It is up the to individuals who are selling them to set the prices for what they estimate to them what they are worth. Not always what the market value is. That really doesn't seem to be unreasonable price really for the time it takes to rear one up. I have seen them for much higher at swap meets. I guess it really depends on how much your willing to pay for one of that size too. I don't have one yet in my collection, but I plan too in the near future!

thedude

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i got an adult 6-7 inch female for 50$ one time because the guy didnt know what he was selling and it was unsexed :p