King baboon new home

Aaronsp10

ARACHNERD
If you're in an area with a Container Store, look for an Amac box. You can buy from them online too. They're cheap too
looks like the wallmart up the road has amac food containers.. how much ventilation is necessary?

cold blood

Staff member
Still havent peeled myself off the computer to go shoping haha. I have this laying around for crickets, would something this size still be too large
1" ts will walk right out of even the smallest kk.

The exo terra is a terrible option....in fact, its not an option....its an ADULT arboreal enclosure.

Get deli cups like you were suggested are excellent and basically free.

campj

Captive bread
Old Timer
A deli cup with a burrow wrapped around it and a vicious spider tucked away under the substrate looks worlds cooler than any of the terrariums posted in here so far, so if it's the cool factor that's keeping you back, I think you're covered.

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
did she dig that out herself? did you place her in the deli cup with that much matterial and she dug?
Yes. These are very fast at digging a burrow and dig to the bottom. I actually removed topsoil as it dug the burrow, or there would not be space for its water cap. This one has molted twice, still unsexed, molts were badly torn when retrieved. I've 2 others, both females, 6" and nearly 4" and I rarely see them.
As Chris stated these are a slow growing species and don't be a "substrate Scrooge".

D Sherlod

Arachnoknight
Those are perfect for small slings.
if it's being used for a burrowing species I would drill 3 or 4 holes on each side and 4 or 5 on the top.

If it's for an aboreal species turn it upside down and drill 12-20 holes on 2 of the sides across from each other.

Make sure the holes are small enough so the sling or prey can't escape

cold blood

Staff member
If it's for an aboreal species turn it upside down and drill 12-20 holes on 2 of the sides across from each other.
if its for an avic, invert it....for other arboreals you do NOT want it inverted.