Killing a Lizard..bad a idea

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
20 years = he has had a prior similar offense. Otherwise it's just 10 years. TPC, 42.092 (b) (c-1)
The laws in Texas have become draconian due to local residents having a history of animal baiting, fight promoting, and made games of maiming and killing animals.

Whitelightning777

Arachno-heretic
Throw the book at the crook. If not, he may harm a child. Sociopaths do that.

Psychopaths and sociopaths just have this trait. It's a characteristic of the personality disorder. They need to be treated like the enemies of the people that they are.

Last edited by a moderator:

spookyvibes

Arachnobaron
It baffles me how people can be so cruel and apathetic towards animals.

I hope he gets the full twenty.

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
20 years = he has had a prior similar offense. Otherwise it's just 10 years. TPC, 42.092 (b) (c-1)
The laws in Texas have become draconian due to local residents having a history of animal baiting, fight promoting, and made games of maiming and killing animals.

And yet, the reprehensible Sweetwater Texas rattlesnake roundup lives on.

Beedrill

Arachnoknight
Yeah judging by the sound of this article, this guy probably doesn't need to be roaming the streets anyway. Sounds like he could be just as dangerous to any human as he was to that poor Beardy. If his Girlfriend asking a neighbor for critter advice was all it took to set him off, I shudder to think what else he would be capable of. Definitely some kind of personality disorder here and I hope he gets some time if for no other reason than to get some help.

Either way, It's a real shame about poor Nola... may he bask forever in Bearded Dragon Heaven.

Nightshady

Dislike Harvester
I agree he should be jailed, but damn twenty years for killing a lizard seems extreme. Also, I bet it will make for some interesting prison talk...

Convict: “What you in for?”

This guy: “Murder.”

Convict: “Oh wow...”

Guy in the back: “It was a lizard!”

*whole prison erupts in laughter*

NYAN

Arachnoking
I agree he should be jailed, but damn twenty years for killing a lizard seems extreme. Also, I bet it will make for some interesting prison talk...

Convict: “What you in for?”

This guy: “Murder.”

Convict: “Oh wow...”

Guy in the back: “It was a lizard!”

*whole prison erupts in laughter*
Or

Convict: ‘what are you in for?’

This guy: ‘murder’

Convict: ‘oh wow’

Guy in the back: ‘it was a lizard!’

Guy in the next cell: ‘hey what’s your problem man?’

Guy in the same cell: ‘yeah man, my sister has a lizard!’

Three cells down: ‘my mother is a lizard!’

*Guard walks by*: ‘everybody be quiet! Lights out!’

Person 1: ‘this guy is a lizard killer!’

Person 2: ‘yeah! He’s a heartless monster!’

Several people: ‘let’s get him!’

Guard: ‘wow! In my 12 years here I’ve never seen such evil.’ *pulls out photo of his lizard and kisses it* *opens all the cell doors* ‘this is for you Martha’ ‘GET HIM BOYS’

*Whole prison beats him up*

Whitelightning777

Arachno-heretic
I don't like the rattlesnake roundup either but this case is different because it was someone's pet, thus containing an attack psychologically on a person as part of the crime.

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
I don't see why rattlesnake round-ups don't fall under 'games of maiming and killing animals'. Though from what I heard from people I know who lived there, a lot of people in Texas seem to have an even worse hatred of snakes than in most other states.

NYAN

Arachnoking
I don't see why rattlesnake round-ups don't fall under 'games of maiming and killing animals'. Though from what I heard from people I know who lived there, a lot of people in Texas seem to have an even worse hatred of snakes than in most other states.
Just another case of ignorance..

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
Yeah, my brother lived in east Texas for few years. He told me that one day he sitting in his house when he heard a car pull into his driveway, back up, then pull in again. Turns out a cottonmouth was in his driveway and this guy just assumed he would want it killed. My brother was a lot nicer about it than I would have been.

NYAN

Arachnoking
Yeah, my brother lived in east Texas for few years. He told me that one day he sitting in his house when he heard a car pull into his driveway, back up, then pull in again. Turns out a cottonmouth was in his driveway and this guy just assumed he would want it killed. My brother was a lot nicer about it than I would have been.
Yup.. people can be pretty awful that way. I find that most really aren’t all that educated when it comes to the snakes though. I always tell people that if they aren’t able th eat you they surely don’t want to waste venom on you. In most cases, there snakes will rather retreat than go defensive and try to bite. As long as they aren’t cornered they usually will just try to get away.

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
Yeah, I've told people the same thing. I found that some people listen, most are skeptical, and a few insist that you're wrong - some getting angry if you try to argue the point.

NYAN

Arachnoking
Yeah, I've told people the same thing. I found that some people listen, most are skeptical, and a few insist that you're wrong - some getting angry if you try to argue the point.
Yup! People get more angry when I tell them brown recluses don’t live in California etc. though.

Whitelightning777

Arachno-heretic
I've found one thing helpful when talking to people about snakes. They hate rabies more then snakes. The heat sensing pits that these animals have are very good for hunting and killing rabid animals & they can eat one without becoming infected or a carrier.