1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The Review & Report forums are closed to new posts. Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reviews. If you do not see a review item for a seller, please contact them and request they create their own review item. If you would like to leave a breeding/bite/sting report, please contact an administrator with the species name that you would like to report and what type of report you would like to leave. We will create an item for you. The Seller/Buyer/Shop Inquiries/Warnings forum is still open for new posts.
    Dismiss Notice

KenTheBugGuy (www.KenTheBugGuy.com)

Discussion in 'Online Dealer Reviews' started by davegrimm1, May 26, 2007.

1. Medusa

Medusa Arachnoknight

Advertisement
    I ordered a P. cambridgeii a few weeks ago, paid for 2-day shipping, no LAG. The little guy arrived DOA, and it looked fresh. Ken was willing to give me 50% off a nice female, and he didn't have to do that. She is awesome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. High Lord Dee

High Lord Dee Arachnosquire

Just picked up a rare Atropothele socatrana trap door spider from Ken the Bug Guy today. Spider arrived on time and was well packed and healthy when it got home. Great transaction. Thanks.

3. purevl

purevl Arachnopeon

I received my first order from Ken today, an A. purpurea & P. metallica. Both Ts are happy & healthy and are welcome additions to my collection.

4. 5teve88

5teve88 Arachnopeon

a horrible experience and I do not recommend

I placed an order on Monday for a couple of phormictopus cancerides as well as a female theraphosa stirmi. I get an order conformation e mail and another e mail stating he will shipping my order out the next day as an overnight with fed ex. Well the next day I get an e mail from him saying he doesn't have any female t. Stirmi (even though it was clearly offered on his website). His exact words are "I figured out of*6 stirmi we had at least 1 female." And then to top it off he also tells me that he only has 1 p. Cancerides to send to me. And wait there's more, I get an e mail from FedEx saying I have a single package on the way with a tracking number and that I would receive my order by 8pm this evening. I'm thinking at least I will get 1 tarantula I ordered, but no package ever arrived. I called FedEx to see where my package was and when I gave them my tracking number I was informed Ken arranged for shipping but never actually sent anything. You can imagine how mad I am at this point and I have sent multiple emails requesting any information and requesting a refund on the missing items. I told him yesterday I would like my money back for the tarantulas he never had in the first place and was willing to still take the one he had supposedly already shipped. I have gotten no reply from him yesterday or today, I called the phone number on file relating to the charges and his number is disconnected, I called the reptile shop on his website and no answer and unable to leave a message. He ran my card for almost 300.00 and I have nothing to show for it. Why would anyone offer to sell something they never even had in the first place? I now had to go threw my bank and dispute these charges. Sorry to Ken but my parents are high ranking bank managers so I will be getting my money back in a couple hours and he can now deal with the banks fraud department.

5. KenTheBugGuy

KenTheBugGuy Arachnodemon Arachnosupporter

I have emailed you 2 times with no responses I cant help if your junk mail is getting my emails but I will go and just refund you now as I cant seem to get a response from you.

6. 100%

I had ordered three T's from Ken a few days back and had received them today. Sadly, two of the three T's that arrived died, one during shipping and the other shortly after due to unknown causes. I informed Ken to this matter and he apologized and gave me credit for the one that did die during shipping, which was really nice of him. Not only did he do that, but he also gave me credit for the one that did die shortly after, which astounded me to no end. As this is my first time buying any live animals online or tarantulas in general it was a really big shock to me, but Ken did go out of his way to help me out when he really didn't have to. I would not hesitate to do business with him again and plan on doing it in the near future.

7. sandybanjo

sandybanjo Arachnopeon

I received my Aphonopelma aberrans,well packed, arriving in perfect condition. I lost a sling in shipment from him a while back, but he promptly refunded the money. I will do business again with Ken!

8. zonbonzovi

zonbonzovi Creeping beneath you Staff Member

Made an order with Ken last week. Everything arrived as advertised and in a timely manner. Packaged well and good communication.

9. G. pulchra

G. pulchra Arachnogod Old Timer

Positive

Just purchased a handful of pokies from Ken. Excellent communication and spot on shipping.

10. Tomoran

Tomoran Arachnoknight Active Member

Positive!

I took advantage of Ken's Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale and purchased several slings. I knew he was selling like crazy, so I dropped him a line and asked that he let me know if something had sold out. As luck would have it, a couple things had. I chose a replacement for one, and for the other, he offered a replacement specimen worth far more than the one I had originally ordered. I thought that was a very cool and kind gesture. The package was shipped promptly, the Ts were expertly packed (which made them SO easy to rehouse), and all of my new critters were lively and healthy. All six of my new acquisitions ate within 24 hours. Once again, another excellent transaction with Ken!

11. los3r

los3r Arachnosquire

Positive!

Ordered a female H. Lividum on saturday, shipped out monday, arrived today. Extremely well packaged and healthy looking spider. Will definitely do business with again :D

12. Positive! KTBG answered my "For Trade" add. He shipped his part of the trade first just like I requested in the ad. No doubt on his part. I shipped him some samples of tanks do he could pick the style and size. Ken is great to work with. I'm a returning customer!

13. Dizzle

Dizzle Arachnoknight

Dubia order POSTIVE 100%

Ordered 500 Blaptica dubia roaches of assorted sizes and all arrived live, healthy and in a timely manner. Would definitely purchase from again, excellent buying experience!

14. Wasabiroot

Wasabiroot Arachnopeon

Ordered a 4"+ female Cyriopagopus sp. Sulawesi Black and some juvies/slings from Ken. Communication was good and the spiders arrived in tip top condition, settling right in. The female is easily 5" and truly stunning. Will shop with Ken again!

15. los3r

los3r Arachnosquire

Another great transaction! Ordered a 5" female p. regalis but unfortunately, someone sold ken a male as female. He got in touch with me and asked if I wanted a refund or to get something else instead so I got a 1.25 regalis and a .75 cyanopubescens instead. Refunded the difference and they arrived on time and healthy.

16. Chilopoda704

Chilopoda704 Arachnopeon

Ohio
    I just recently received an order of centipedes from Ken and was very happy with the transaction, start to finish. Great communication and everything arrived as advertised, on time, and packaged appropriately and carefully.
    Looking forward to purchasing again from Ken.

17. jkelly

jkelly Arachnopeon

Highly Recommend++++

I've ordered a few times from Ken and always without any issues. Great communication, Ts and other spiders, supplies always packaged very well. Ts always in excellent health and it always seems like he picked the most beautiful ones for me!!! :) Also gave a surprise gift for being a "good customer".

Thanks Ken!

18. TarantulaMam24

TarantulaMam24 Arachnopeon

hi ken i had a question for you i have a Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird Eater Tarantula he is a mature male and has started the process of breeding and passing away he is my husbands tarantula and we wanted to know if you had a female that we could breed with our male amd have 1,2,3 or 4 of the slings ?

19. BobGrill

BobGrill Arachnoprince

Florida
    Just email him. He doesn't post on here regularly, so you're kind of wasting your time. Plus this section of the forum is for people to post their reviews and experiences with breeders.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  20. raisinjelly

raisinjelly Arachnoknight

Iowa
    Positive overall

I bought some slings and my female A. chalcodes a month or two ago. My only problem was that the current stock on the website was not up to date, so after paying for my order I was told that only 1 out of the 3 nhandu slings I bought were still available, and the chalcodes was 1/2' smaller than stated. So I was a little disappointed, but was refunded right away and the spiders were packaged well, arrived fine, and are still doing great. The 3 C. marshalli and the one nhandu I did get were much bigger than I was expecting (to the point where I had to move the deli cups up a size), and it turned out a week later the chalcodes molted so that worked out pretty good