1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The Review & Report forums are closed to new posts. Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reviews. If you do not see a review item for a seller, please contact them and request they create their own review item. If you would like to leave a breeding/bite/sting report, please contact an administrator with the species name that you would like to report and what type of report you would like to leave. We will create an item for you. The Seller/Buyer/Shop Inquiries/Warnings forum is still open for new posts.
    Dismiss Notice

KenTheBugGuy (www.KenTheBugGuy.com)

Discussion in 'Online Dealer Reviews' started by davegrimm1, May 26, 2007.

1. chewbaca

chewbaca Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    Positive! I ordered Ts from Ken twice and both orders came on time and healthy! I'd recommend ken the bug guy to anyone.

2. gizmosdeath

gizmosdeath Arachnopeon Classifieds User

Made a deal with ken for a large amount of slings. He wanted me to ship first before payment, which I was hesitant to do because of the size of the order, but I didn't have to worry about a thing. He was prompt on payment after arrival of my end and I will do business with him again. Thanks for the business ken.

3. Scorpionluva

Scorpionluva Arachnobaron Arachnosupporter

PA
    I've ordered from Ken a few times now and everything is always top notch !!!
    I would highly recommend him to anybody looking for Friendly service , quality inverts and superb packing/shipping
    Til next time Ken !!!

4. catfishrod69

catfishrod69 Arachnoemperor

Positive!

Just received a few slings from Ken. They were packaged excellently and arrived in great shape. Ken ships very fast, and keeps excellent communication. I look forward to dealing with him more in the future, and highly recommend him to anyone at all. Thanks again! John

5. Heckapunchez

Heckapunchez Arachnopeon

Ordered a large female A. Genic. She arrived healthy and hungry! Ken held her for a day to ensure my temperatures wouldn't affect her. I appreciate the thought that went into the shipping and will be doing business with again. Thanks.

6. cgrinter

cgrinter Arachnopeon

I just ordered from Ken for the holiday sale. It was an impulse buy and I didn't check the weather forecast before hand. I contacted him and let him know that because I didn't pay for over-night shipping that he should probably hang onto the specimens for a week or so until our SUB ZERO weather clears up here in Denver. That or I could have paid extra for the package to arrive before the cold.

Ken upgraded my shipping to overnight without any extra charge. The spiders arrived happy and healthy and have already been feeding. Can't recommend him enough and I'm looking forward to visiting his shop in Tucson this summer!

7. Valvool

Valvool Arachnopeon

Kansas
    Gorgeous Specimens!

I ordered two A. Metallicas from Ken. Due to weather, shipping was delayed, and in that time one of the spiderlings became unavailable. Ken and I agreed on a replacement, and the two were shipped promptly as soon as the temperature rose above 40 degrees F. Everyone arrived in good shape; both specimens are gorgeous. Shown in attachments is a 3.5 inch female Aphonopelma sp. New River, sweet as can be, and the A. Metallica, both of them gorgeous. Thanks, Ken! Can't wait to do business with you again.

Attached Files:

8. Tomoran

Tomoran Arachnoknight

Excellent transaction!

I ordered from Ken for the first time, and I definitely understand why he is so well-respected in the business. First off, his communication was fantastic...he responded to all of my emails immediately. He also very politely put up with a litany of questions and my initial indecisiveness on what I wanted to order, which I thought was quite cool. Although it was my first order from him, I felt like I was treated with the respect and familiarity usually reserved for a returning customer. My three M. balfouri juveniles arrived yesterday lively, healthy, and packed beautifully. Just an all-around great experience. I would order from him again in a heartbeat. Thanks, Ken!

9. skotikus k

skotikus k Arachnopeon

Okay

Upon tearing into package, freebie P murinus appeared mid-molt but was actually smashed, twisted with limbs torn. Which seemed…. a lil odd. Not raising accusations here cos I can't be sure of anything besides that….. it was odd. Probably has TOO MANY obts and seems not like a ken move just cramming.. so why.. Tried not to speculate but then - The 12” tweezers were also grimy and sooted up. I expected somethin’ fresh, seeing other “used” supplies on kens site are labeled so. Don't mistake this for a bad review, the bad is merely what I’m drawn to as a human being. l l l \ l l….what’s out of place here?? You got the point…and as for the rest of my order - A. purpurea, E. cyagnoganthus and P. Sub Low (a beautiful combo you don’t frequently run into) are perfect and chowin down as we speak. The man’s got just about anything, any other big name would, species-wise and for a little less. The packing job was also reasonably impenetrable plus Ken, wife of Ken or random ken bug buddy went out of their way to upgrade my shipping, after already dropping the package off. Also, dudes got enough bugs to occupy a person for days I’d think, very still - he found time email’n back within 24hr if not less. And I sent quite a few. Not too surprised probably…well, not gonna pick it all apart ….overall, this hasnt been greatest ken bug guy experience, really only regarding OBT issue. However I’m a satisfied costumer and won’t deny neglecting a few por bities myself. … Anyway, if you DO order from Ken check out the Triops if yah never been. Dopest thing for 5 bucks. ever. >>>>>>>s.K>l.her

10. KenTheBugGuy

KenTheBugGuy Arachnodemon Arachnosupporter

Just wanted to say the OBT was just random luck and a freebie not part of the order. The tweezers were new we have tons of new ones no reason to sale used ones. They might have been dusty from sitting on the shelf for a while....

11. Always a pleasure dealing with ktbg packaging is excellent always.everything arrived in perfect condition today and eating already, his animals are always nice and healthy raring to go , I would recommend to anyone , looking forward to his next import thanks eric

12. Just did my first transaction with Ken the bug guy.

Everything arrived promptly and healthy. (A. geniculate, GBB, 3 inch+ P. regalis)

Satisfied customer.

13. Tomoran

Tomoran Arachnoknight

Another Great Transaction

Just received my latest order from Ken, and it was another great transaction. Due to the cold temps here for the past several weeks, he had to hold my older a bit before it was safe to ship (which I certainly appreciated). My new Ts arrived promptly and in good shape (two have already eaten). I would be remiss if I didn't mention the size of these guys; every one of the four Ts I received was much larger than I was expecting (one 3" is actually over 5"!). Once again, a great experience!

14. PeaceBee

PeaceBee Arachnoknight

Positive!!!

I recently purchased three subadult A. chalcodes (two males and a female) from Ken. Since I am in AZ myself, I went out to Tucson to pick them up. Service at the shop was excellent as always. Ken and his employees are great!

Back in October I also purchased my 3 A. diversipes slings and they are all doing great. Same - excellent experience, healthy specimens! I swear by Ken's great customer service and quality critters :)

15. lordhero3k

lordhero3k Arachnopeon

Positive!

This was my second time purchasing from Ken. Both times the shipping was great and the animals were in great condition. Last time I ordered 2 tarantula grab bags and a scorpion grab bag. Both were very interesting and I liked what I got. My most recent package was Pterinochilus murinus, Scolopendra polymorpha, Poecilotheria regalis, Ceratogyrus marshalli, Chilobrachys sp. Kaeng Krachan, Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens, Euathlus sp. Red, Lampropelma violaceopes, Nhandu coloratonillosus and Parapaysa scrofa. All except the OBT were spiderlings and every animal looked great. Like everyone else, I strongly recommend and I'll be buying from him again.

16. Rick McJimsey

Rick McJimsey Arachnoprince Arachnosupporter

Not great

My order from Ken didn't go very well. Placed an order on Mar 19th, containing: 1x Hogna sp, 1x Gnaphosidae sp. Chile, 3x Sicarius sp. chile adults, 1x A.pissii, 1 C.andersoni, and 12" tongs. I later emailed and added 2 Sicarius slings, 1 L.hesperus, and 2x plastic vials to my order.

Everything goes fine until Monday, when I get a tracking number. 45 minutes before he's going to ship my order, he tells me he doesn't have the 3 sicarius adults. wth? You couldn't have told me before that? That was Half my order by price, and the other spiders were small add ons. He told me he was busy with unpacking an import, and "thought he emailed me". I emailed him TWICE assuring my order would be correct.

So I wasted money on enclosures and substrate for them, cool. He offered me store credit, a partial refund for them, or a full order refund. I opted for the partial refund, because I don't want to pick some random spider really quick before he ships, and I don't want to lose out on other enclosures as well. To his credit, he added a free Sicarius sling.

I received my order today, and wasn't very happy. The two vials I ordered were missing, and the C.andersoni had a broken foot. The rest of the spiders were packed well and appear healthy.

Due to all the mix ups, missing items, lackluster communication, and injured animal, I would likely not purchase from Ken again. He did refund me for the missing vials, but did not mention the gimpy T.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  17. KenTheBugGuy

KenTheBugGuy Arachnodemon Arachnosupporter

I made a mistake because I had removed the adults from my site but he had already ordered them and I did not realize it. I thought he had ordered babies which we had plenty of. I tried to email Sunday but it did not go through for some reason. Also he did add to the order outside my site which makes it harder to track. I did mess that up though and forgot 2 vials. I immediately refunded him the $1 for them though. Sorry Rick was just a busy week this week and cant get it right every time ;)

Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
  18. CreepyCrawlies

CreepyCrawlies Arachnosquire

I completed my first purchase with ken today. I ordered 5 species: G.Rosea(3"), C.Fasciatum(1"), P.Murinis(1.5"), C.Cyaneopubescens(.75"), and an A.Avicularia(2"). The order was placed last Thursday. The spiders were not shipped until this Wednesday, due to weather. I respect a breeder who will not jeopardize the animals for the sake of getting the product out quicker, so the delay was no issue. Kens signature styrofoam cooler was inside the box exterior. Upon opening the cooler, I immediately took note of how securely the vials had been held in place with packing. Also, the heat pack was still very warm. The specimens were equally as excellent as the package. All five were healthy and alert. Several were slightly larger than I expected, which is nice. Overall, I would definitely give Ken and Co an A+. I will be doing business with them again.

19. Got my order in last weeek from ken his packing is always good and communication is good as well, he has a very nice selection of animals and there always in good health and ,ships when says he will would recommend to anyone thanks for good service

20. Formerphobe

Formerphobe Arachnoking Arachnosupporter

VA, USA
    I am a repeat KTBG customer and just received my end of a trade with Ken. As always, 100% satisfaction guaranteed! Adult female A. genic (larger than her reported size!) and two P. met slings arrived full of vim and vigor, well-packed, and in a timely fashion. Good communication, healthy livestock. Definite thumbs up!