1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The Review & Report forums are closed to new posts. Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reviews. If you do not see a review item for a seller, please contact them and request they create their own review item. If you would like to leave a breeding/bite/sting report, please contact an administrator with the species name that you would like to report and what type of report you would like to leave. We will create an item for you. The Seller/Buyer/Shop Inquiries/Warnings forum is still open for new posts.
    Dismiss Notice

KenTheBugGuy (www.KenTheBugGuy.com)

Discussion in 'Online Dealer Reviews' started by davegrimm1, May 26, 2007.

1. davegrimm1

davegrimm1 Arachnosquire Old Timer

Advertisement
    we just completed a trade for spiderlings and everything went smooth .
    I recieved the T's on time and in perfect condition,
    We are good to go anytime on more trades.

2. sntcruzan

sntcruzan Arachnoknight Old Timer

Positive deal/trade

I et up with Ken at the SF Bay Area Tarantula Society Meeting and he has a great stock of T'and slings for sale.We made several trades and all tarantulas looked healty and well fed.I would recommend Ken to anyone for their Invert purchases.
    Ken is building up his new invert business and I want to support him in anyway that i can...www.kenthebugguy.com

3. pancho64

pancho64 Arachnopeon

Positive

purchased a few Ts from ken at the SF bay area meeting. all of the Ts are in very good health. he had plenty of stock to choose from and has good prices. would reccomend him to anyone looking to feed their addiction. definitely going to do business with him in the future.

4. Okitasoshi

Okitasoshi Arachnosquire Old Timer

purchased:

Nhandu coloratovillosus
    Lasiodora Klugi
    Eupalaestrus weijenberghi

and got a freebie Nhandu Chromatus

despite having a huge collection Hook's T's all had fat and healthy abdomens and I couldn't be happier with my Klugi.

THANKS AGAIN!

5. a7051

a7051 Arachnopeon

CA
    positive

purchased a 3" B. Smithi from Ken. Great guy selling some great T's would definitely do business with him again.

6. Uglykid2

Uglykid2 Arachnosquire Old Timer

Positive!

I recently did a nice trade with Ken and I am thrilled with my new Brachypelma klassi. Ken is knowledgeble, helpful and an all around great guy. He has more T's than you can shake a stick at. You can't go wrong with the Bug Guy! :worship:

7. arrowhd

arrowhd Arachnolord

SW MO
    Positive

Just received one of Ken's A. geniculata slings he had on sale. He had them listed at 1 inch but mine is closer to 2 inches in size. Order was packaged very well. Overall professional service.

8. sick4x4

sick4x4 Arachnoprince

ken(www.kenTheBugGuy.com)

hey mods i didn't find a review:? soo i started one, if there is one could you please move this lol...anyways there's not enough room to fit the whole story but belive me there was one...hes a great guy and has a great selection of inverts and t's..and is willing to go the extra mile to make sure you are pleased and soo i would recommend him..especially the klaasi's he sell ;) .......

9. JColt

JColt Arachnoknight

lol, was just looking also. Very nice guy, great packing and I would not hesitate to buy from him again. Send your money and he will come thru!

10. harrypei

harrypei Arachnoknight

Positive

got three large centipedes from Ken today...great animals at a great price. highly recommended :)

11. Ken The Bug Guy

Ken bought out my 3000+ tarantula inventory in June 2007. He really loves the hobby and wants to learn everything he can about keeping tarantulas, scorpions, etc. He is very personable to work with and he will go beyond standard customer service to please a customer.

I strongly recommend you check him out on his website and the arachnid/reptile shows he attends in the western USA.

Scott Bemis
    Fig Garden Exotics - Prather, CA
    www.scottstarantulas.com

12. Ken is the guy!!

I ordered a tailless whip scorpion and A. versicolr on 10/08/07 from Ken

and he is totally awesome!

I asked him if he had any male tailless whip scorpions and

he told me that he would certainly send it to me.

And surprise!! Now I got a perfect looking male whip scorpion without

any broken limbs or antannae and he was really active!!

He also offered me a free hentzi sling and I got her/him as well.

A. versicolor was just as what I expected. What a awesome creature!

Thank you so much for this perfect deal, Ken. I'm obviously looking forward

to have another business with you!! : )

ps. The part I liked him the most was his amazing communication skill. He would send back all of my emails within few hours or just a second!

Last edited: Oct 10, 2007
  13. jwanthony

I ordered a tailless whip scorpion and A. versicolr on 10/08/07 from Ken

and he is totally awesome!

I asked him if he had any male tailless whip scorpions and

he told me that he would certainly send it to me.

And surprise!! Now I got a perfect looking male whip scorpion without

any broken limbs or antannae and he was really active!!

He also offered me a free hentzi sling and I got her/him as well.

A. versicolor was just as what I expected. What a awesome creature!

Thank you so much for this perfect deal, Ken. I'm obviously looking forward

to have another business with you!! : )

ps. Part I liked Ken the most was his communication skill. He would send back my emails within few hours or just a second!

14. dtknow

dtknow Arachnoking Old Timer

CA
    Positive!!!

I completed a trade with Ken and am pleased with the results. Ken kept in contact, shipped promptly, and I received my part of the trade in excellent condition. Ken also was very responsive to my questions. Can I say that he had by far the best packing job I have seen! The packaging(molded styro etc.) would have served for just about any delicate animal you'd care to ship, and gives plenty of room for any possible happenings along the way. I would definetly deal with Ken again, or buy from him if I need anything.:clap:

~Joseph

15. raywells

raywells Arachnopeon

did a trade with Ken i got large cherry red centipede. great service, packing was far better than normal,i will be dealing with Ken again.

16. GForce14063

GForce14063 Arachnobaron Old Timer

Positive

I just did a transaction for N. chromatus and some Hentzi's and recieved a great deal kept good communication and sent quite a few freebies. I can't wait to do business with him again.:)He took great care in packaging and everyone arrived alive.It is truly a pleasure to deal with a professional such as he.

Robert

17. CustomNature

CustomNature Arachnosquire Old Timer

PA
    Positive.

I ordered a large number of chaco slings from Ken (I mean in the hundreds) and it was one of the best business interactions I have ever done with someone. His communication was great, both online and over the phone. He did alot to reduce shipping costs and went out of his way to make sure I was happy. I would reccommend Ken to anyone and everyone who is into inverts. He's great to work with and I hope his business goes well. A+ Ken. :worship:

- Adam

18. ranchulas

ranchulas Arachnobaron

Texas
    www.kenthebugguy.com

Just completed my second trade/ purchase with Ken. Extremely pleased with all the quick responses and quality service. I would recommend doing business with Ken to anyone. The packaging was some of the best I've seen. Overall very good experience.:razz:

19. Buffy Berk

Buffy Berk Arachnopeon

KenTheBugGuy

Doing business with Ken has been great. He provides excellant service and all the tarantulas that I have gotten from him have been in great health and show they have been well cared for. An A+ for Ken!

20. AGTrauger

AGTrauger Arachnopeon

Extremely Happy With My Order

With my 1st ever online order in June I received a Chaco freebie and last week after realizing it would be tiny for a long time I finally decided to look for a larger one and was happy to find KenTheBugGuy had a 2X2 special (2" B.vagans & 2" Chaco) on sale. I contacted him from the message board announcement and he quickly replied with the answer I was looking for (and even info which I wasn't expecting) so I decided to place an order for delivery the following Monday. His web site has a great order tracking system which allows you to follow the order's progress. He even emailed me with the USPS tracking number the day of shipping. Yesterday I was happy to get the package at work by 10:30. As soon as I got home at 3:45 I opened the outside box to find an extremely well packaged, insulated styrofoam box inside packed with newspapers. Within the newspapers were 2 large deli cups and a mini vial containing my spiders. I 1st opened the B.vagans and was expecting it to be the same size as my B.angustum (both
    listed at 2") which I got last month. However when opening the deli cup and taking off the top paper towel I was happily surprised to find the spider actually being closer to 2.5" or even 3"! The spiders seem very well fed and
    happy with large abdomens (even the A.hentzi sling freebie). Even though the vagans seems to have gone a bit crazy kicking hairs during shipping it was happily exploring its new home practically as soon as it touched the
    substrate. In the past they've always stood frozen for an hour or more. The Chaco was even moving around inside its deli cup as soon as I took the top off the box. As I hadn't yet handled any of my T's I had a concern of how
    to get it out of the cup since it somehow got outside of the paper toweling (I had visions of it tearing out and either biting or escaping). So I emailed Ken and even though it was after 6:30 pm he replied in under 30 minutes
    explaining more about a Chacos temperament. So as he advised I just took the lid off the Chaco's cup and it cautiously backed up a little when it was coming off. The spider just slowly walked forward and hung on the edge of the paper towel until I tilted the cup forward. Then it walked off onto my hand, and straight down into its new home. Thanks to Ken I now have 3 new fat & happy spiders and even got over my nervousness towards handling my spiders. {D :D :worship: :} :clap: :razz: