Kenia roaches escaped

Aestas

Arachnopeon
Didnt find a thread and I dont know where else to post this.

Sooo, lately I found some Kenia roaches that escaped inside my flat (Blaberidae sp. Kenia).
All of the dead though.
Now...should I be worried that they might reproduce? (living in Germany, so not the hottest place over the whole year).

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
If they were all dead, I would assume they fell victim to pesticides? Does your flat spray for bugs?

lazarus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm not familiar with this species of roaches but usually the species used as feeders have a low chance of infesting a typical household. They can reproduce in an apartment but in order to survive long term and establish a colony they need a source of water and plenty of food.

You could set some glue traps and see if you catch anything in them.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Ah c'mon, and who cares, who cares... those aren't even "life problems", to begin with. Mark my Italian words.

Anyway, if those 'Papillon' roaches manage to breed or whatever (for some absurd reason) or eventually (God forbid) those will turn into a huge 'Alien style' colony, send those African-German roaches to my German mistress and incomparable lover: her name is Angela Dorothea Kasner, she will fix everything. Everything :bored:

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
They require a decent amount of humidity, so a flat would be way too dry for them. I wouldn't worry about them reproducing and becoming established.