[Inquiry] Ken The Bug Guy

JDude178

Arachnopeon
Hi,
I'm new to this and will be placing an order with Ken the bug guy but the one thing that I'm curious about is freebies does he just give them out or do you have to ask? I've seen on other websites such as netbug that you get to pick but I wasn't sure.

RTTB

Arachnoprince
Hi,
I'm new to this and will be placing an order with Ken the bug guy but the one thing that I'm curious about is freebies does he just give them out or do you have to ask? I've seen on other websites such as netbug that you get to pick but I wasn't sure.

RTTB

Arachnoprince
The order I did with him was outstanding service and communication all the way around.

JLC

Arachnopeon
Not sure about freebies but I will also vouch for Ken The Bug Guy. Outstanding communication, prices and safe delivery of my orders with him.

user 666

Arachnobaron
I don't think I would buy from him again.

He sold me Ts he did not have, and then I had to file a dispute with Paypal to get a refund (this was a couple weeks after I had asked by email).

Last edited:

RTTB

Arachnoprince
That's too bad. My transaction with him was smooth.

Tanner Dzula

Arachnoknight
not too sure on the freebies myself, I've purchased many inverts from him, but never ordered(thankfully i live ~45 mins away from tuscon and can drive to him)
so i don't know about them, but all other experiences, as far as T's health/quality and Species accuracy have been great with him!

Entrepulchranhandur

Xenesthnomorphis
I don't personally like Ken very much but I've only ever had one bad purchase experience with him while the rest of my purchases were smooth enough. The aphonopelma breeder auction I won ended up with my receiving mostly old and decrepit females that died a couple weeks after I received them, leaving me with just one female and one male. And I've seen debates about whether or not the scorpion species Pandinus dictator that he had sold at one time (of which I have three) may not be P. dictators, so we'll see as they mature whether or not this is true.

dopamine

Arachnobaron
I live about 20 minutes from the shop in Tucson and have had a few frustrating experiences there. Mostly with them never updating stock on their website as well as going in for specific species that were listed in stock here on the boards only to find out they'd been sold out after driving over there. He also never seems to update the stock that's listed here on the boards so you don't know what they actually have until you call or go down there.
Other than those issues it is nice having a place that specializes in inverts so close to me.

Goodlukwitthat

Arachnoknight
The very first time I ordered from him, I bought a 3+ inch female A. chalcodes, with overnight shipping and temps within safe numbers. The package came and I excitedly unboxed it. The heat pack was COLD and my tarantula was very lethargic. She livened up when she warmed up, kicking hairs at me, but I wasn't thrilled with his packaging. My 2nd time dealing with Ken, I won an auction on 3 B. vagans slings and when they arrived 1 of them was dying. I immediately emailed ken and let him know, sent video and pictures of the poor thing (it died within a couple hours) He refunded my money for it. I haven't ordered from him since then and most likely won't again.