1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keeping Tarantulas in the laundry room?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by Ztesch, May 16, 2019.

1. Ztesch

Ztesch Arachnoknight

Advertisement
    Hey all! So I'm pretty much out of room in my current location. Plus my wife isn't a big fan of having 60 Tarantulas in the bedroom lol. I was planning on moving them downstairs to our game room but considering I have a 2 year old and 7 year old who will be hanging out in there, it probably isn't the best choice. I'm thinking about moving them to the laundry room. I have 2 really long racks above the washer and dryer. Would this be safe for my spiders?

2. Goopyguy56

Goopyguy56 Arachnobaron Active Member

Ohio
    Dont see why not

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. jrh3

jrh3 Knights of The Arachno Table Arachnosupporter

I did the same think for a year without any issues.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ungoliant

Ungoliant Malleus Aranearum Staff Member

The washing machine is in the same room as my tarantulas (though it's not exactly a laundry room), and while some of them do react to the vibration, overall, it doesn't seem to be a problem.

Make sure the room is well-ventilated; sometimes bleach and laundry detergent can get kind of fumy during loads.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Ztesch

Ztesch Arachnoknight

Although the vibration would definitely disturb them a bit I'm more worried about the fumes. There is no door in the laundry room so I'm assuming this would be ok.