1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keeping records of your tarantulas

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by Kopys creepers, Nov 3, 2003.

1. Advertisement
    I am looking for a good program for my computer for keeping records of my "t"'s does anybody out there know of one or developed there own? any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jaimie

2. Jakob

Jakob Arachnoprince Old Timer

I stopped keeping records after I passed 40 Ts, but when I did keep records I just made a table in WordPad.

Later,

Jake

3. If you have MS Office 2000 or above, our fearless leader here has made up quite a good one... I'm not sure where the link is to it on the site, but all you need do is send him a PM about it and he'll get it emailed to you

4. heyjeyniceid

heyjeyniceid Arachnobaron Old Timer

I just use a white piece of paper with the names of the spiders, when I got em, how big they were when I got em, and what dates and to what sizes they have increased on molts.

Im gonna move all that crap to excell though.

5. rknralf

rknralf Arachnolord Old Timer

I have 6 different Excel Spreadsheets for the various tarantulas I keep. I keep track of tarantula scientific and common names, date purchased, size purchased, where purchased, cost, daily feedings, molts, mating notes, and any oddities I observe.

6. MrFeexit

MrFeexit Arachnodork Old Timer

I'm lucky if I can keep track of where my hat is everyday...

7. Deliverme314

Deliverme314 Arachnoangel Old Timer

I just use excel to track molts and feeding...

8. abstract

abstract Arachnodemon Old Timer

I hate to pitch another site on here, but www.spidertalk.net has a very handy "MySpiders" feature, where you can inventory, track molt records, and add comments to spiders in your collection.

I used to not keep ANY records, until figuring out that site was easy. Also, if someone asks you what you have, you can link to your inventory....:D

9. MrDeranged

MrDeranged He Who Rules Staff Member

10. Jakob

Scott - That's pretty neat!!! Thanks for that!!

Jake

11. Inuleki

Inuleki Arachnobaron

now... if only I had known about that 45 T's ago.... things'd be a lot more organized...

12. Jakob

Haha...yea same here except with 50+ Ts....damn...

Jake