Keeping pinheads - container?

Trinity

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have a cricket set up in a kritter keeper, but the pinheads are small enough to get out through the slats. I would like suggestions on keeping them in something they cant escape from, but can still live in. Any ideas and/or pics will be appreciated!

Thanks!

Jakob

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
They shouldn't be able to climb the sides of a kritter keeper. If it's a small one, though, they can jump up to the lid and get out that way. medium sized container should suffice.

Later,

Jake

fantasticp

Arachnocompulsive
Old Timer
I use one of those tall plastic cereal containers with no lid. They can't jump out, and there is plenty of ventilation.

Trinity

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks for the help!

They were able to climb the sides of my kritter keeper. I watched them do it successfully. But it was a small one and is pretty old.

I went with the tall plastic container with no lid idea and it works perfect.

David Burns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I raise alot of crix. A certain amount will be able to climb out of any container. I use a band of vaseline (petroleum jelly) to keep them from getting out. The container should be at least 20" in height or when they reach adulthood some will jump out. Even at that height a few will still be able to jump out. A lid with a ventilation screen is recomended. The vaseline will also keep mites out. I feed the newborn pinheads fish flakes. Good luck.

Jetzie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
1 qn... how do u guys transport the pinheads from 1 container to another? or like... how do u put the pinheads into your pet's tank?

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Trinity said:
Thanks for the help!

They were able to climb the sides of my kritter keeper. I watched them do it successfully. But it was a small one and is pretty old.

I went with the tall plastic container with no lid idea and it works perfect.
Probably the surface of the old container has been roughed up enough to provide them with ttraction.

I use an apirator (aka a "pooter") to suck pinhead crickets into a vial and distribute them.

Wade