Keeping Moths (And butterflies)

Rhysandfish

Arachnoknight
Has anyone here, preferably in Texas, kept any of these flying creatures? I'd love to keep them but the species I want are illegal or unable to be sent here. Any other recommendations?

MatisIsLoveMantisIsLyf

Arachnobaron
Im not from texas, but ive kept dozens of moth species. I made a thread yesterday askingfor an ID for a species. Not an id expert, but i've raised the following : Ruby tiger, White cabbage, Atlas Moth, Comet Moth, Humming hawkmoth, Tomato Hawkmoth, and a few other minor species like : Passenger Moth, Flour Moths, Bean Moths, Cloth Moths.

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
What ones are illegal? It's fun raising luna moths, cecropia moths, and polyphemus moths.

Myrmeleon

Arachnoknight
Why not keep the species native to Texas? Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there many sphinx moths that would be large and suitable for captivity in Texas? What species are you looking specifically to keep?

Salmonsaladsandwich

Arachnolord
Not to mention the aforementioned lunas, cecropias and polyphemus, which are native to texas and easy to obtain.

Other neat species native to texas include the calleta moth, promethea moth, Forbes' silkmoth, imperial moth, and in the eastern part of the state what I consider the holy grail of north american lepidoptera, the royal walnut moth. Not all of these are as easy to come by in the wild or for sale as the first three species though.