keeping camel spiders?

ghost_tomb

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yeah i've had an e-mail convo with another guy who's kept them and he said the same. when yours molted what did they do? mines been buried now for 32 hours :(

David_F

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That's a great looking sp. ghost tomb.

I read an article in National Geographic (one of the recent ones....can't remember what month) on solifugids. Wasn't that great. Better than the usual stories you see about these beasts but nothing special.

Horrido, if it's okay I may PM you about some of the scorps you find there.

-David

ghost_tomb

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
well i've just started to see some movment either she's digging more underground or she's going to come out:)

i'll keep you posted and post new pics of her if she's different.

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Oh for goodness sake!! I just posted a thread about these, I found one in the ladies room at my work!!

Looking through the web, it appears I have a E. durangonua. What a feisty little thing!! Strongest jaws of any animal on earth!! (Relative to size!) Whoa!

ghost_tomb

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
how long do they tend to stay in their burrows for?
mine "Siren" was wondering around briefly when i got home :) no change i don't think though she's not eatting and soon went back under her log and sealed it off again. how long do they normaly spend underneth things?

when i got her she was very active and slept for about 3 hours at atime before roaming around more.

Alex S.

Arachnolord
Old Timer
It is normal for solifugids to spend long periods of time in their burrows. Galeodids are nocturnal and many spend all day in a burrow. If solifugids are not out hunting or mating they are probably deep in their burrows or under stones and logs.

Alex S.