Keeping 2 H. Petersii in same enclosure

flyers90

Arachnopeon
How big of an enclosure should you have to keep 2 Heterometrus Petersii together?

Is a 30*30*30cm (12"*12"*12") to small?

Does it matter if it is a 1.1 you have or a 0.2?

FatherOfScorpions

Arachnoknight
I'd say that's too small, but it really depends on the size/instar of your scorpions... a 10 gallon enclosure with multiple hides can house 2 adults just fine.

flyers90

Arachnopeon
I'd say that's too small, but it really depends on the size/instar of your scorpions... a 10 gallon enclosure with multiple hides can house 2 adults just fine.
Can you say it in inches or cm instead....
10 gallons doesn't tell me much. =)

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
Can you say it in inches or cm instead....
10 gallons doesn't tell me much. =)
The most common brand of 10 gallon aquarium I've seen lists the measurements at 20.25" x 10.5" x 12.6" (52.07cm x 26.67cm x 32cm) those are length - width - height
Like @FatherOfScorpions said, it does really depend on the age and size of the scorpions.

flyers90

Arachnopeon
I'm talking about adult scorpions that are around 10-12cm.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Terrena Laxamentum

Arachnoknight
I'm sorry to say, but those animals will kill each other if placed together. Sure, there are exceptions to the rule, but I've only seen them together if they were raised as slings together. Just a friendly warning. :)

flyers90

Arachnopeon
I'm sorry to say, but those animals will kill each other if placed together. Sure, there are exceptions to the rule, but I've only seen them together if they were raised as slings together. Just a friendly warning. :)
No worries. I'm not gonna put another scorpion in there. =)
Just wanted to make sure about the enclosure size first.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
No worries. I'm not gonna put another scorpion in there. =)
Just wanted to make sure about the enclosure size first.
I have housed many specimens together over the years both related and unrelated rarely had issues.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
I have a small communal of three that have been doing well for the last few months. Just juvis right now. They were split up for nearly a year in separate cages.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
How big have your enclosures been?
Usually big enough, with multiple hides, when low on space I would sometimes use enclosures that were probably too small for communales but again they were well fed and even the ones that might not have been usually were okay. I have had a few casualties over the years but I think everybody has.

Don't misunderstand, a communal is always a risk, but, these species tend to fare much better than most. Same with Centruroides spp.