1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K what do ya'll think of these big girls

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by web eviction, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Advertisement
    Rescued these to for super cheap
  2. Fran

Fran Arachnoprince

Really cool, they look very well fed :).

Now Im guessing you wanna expand their homes a bit :D

(How big are they?)
  3. Ya these are the containers I brought them home in not permanent

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

the first is 10 1/2 and the 2nd is 7 inches
  4. Fran

Fran Arachnoprince

10 and a half???
    Would you put a ruler next to it?? :)
  5. lookerbrian

lookerbrian Arachnopeon

6. Redneck

Redneck Arachnoprince

Im with the big guy... Ruler picture is required when you say something like 10.5".
  7. Sorry I was going off what I was told this is obviously incorrect

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

Just got home with them and was excited I will post some pictures against a ruler sorry guys , correct me if I'm wrong but the largest of the two is an LP right?
  8. Fran

Fran Arachnoprince

It is :)
    Lasiodora parahybana and Grammostola pulchripes
  9. RoseT

RoseT Arachnosquire

Nice!!!..LP can possibly make it to 10.5, I think the biggest Pulchripes recorded was a 8 inch female....Either way those are some monster numbers..
  10. Fran

Fran Arachnoprince

In theory...But I have yet to see an "official" 10" female, let alone more than that...
  11. Thanks fran :D that's what I thought you guys think 70 was a good price for both girls?
  12. Fran

Fran Arachnoprince

13. Dominatus

Dominatus Arachnopeon

Wouldn't be surprised to see a 10 inch Lasiodora Parahybana someday, perhaps yours is close?! They look very nice! My L. para is only 6.5" ish, so I hope to get her up there to 8" or 9" someday! Very nice buys, biggins usually cost a pretty penny.

14. Johnny1320

Johnny1320 Arachnopeon

Looks nice man. Congrats.
  15. Lol Yup way off no where near 10
  16. Johnny1320

Johnny1320 Arachnopeon

Looks nice man. Congrats.
  17. Thanks!:D couldn't pass these 2 up
  18. AgentD006las

AgentD006las Arachnobaron

Looks more around the 8" mark. Very nice score on those girls. You got one hell of a deal.
  19. Formerphobe

Formerphobe Arachnoking Arachnosupporter

VA, USA
    Diagonal leg span looks to be a solid 7+ inches. Still nothing to sneeze at. Congrats on your new Ts. Good $, too.
  20. Optic

Optic Arachnopeon

Nice T's mate, I wish mine would get a bit bigger, hasn't molted for ages and it's only like 2 inches (the whole spider, not legs) and it is still eating and drinking well which is good :)

Anyway on-topic; Nice pictures you got of 'em :D! Looking pretty beast at the moment aha, maybe they'll get bigger like you hope them to, Buy a decent tank for them to live in with whatever is best for them :)