1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K what do ya'll think of these big girls

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by web eviction, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Advertisement
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Rescued these to for super cheap

2. Fran

Fran Arachnoprince

Really cool, they look very well fed :).

Now Im guessing you wanna expand their homes a bit :D

(How big are they?)

3. Ya these are the containers I brought them home in not permanent

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

the first is 10 1/2 and the 2nd is 7 inches

4. Fran

Fran Arachnoprince

10 and a half???
    Would you put a ruler next to it?? :)

5. lookerbrian

lookerbrian Arachnopeon

6. Redneck

Redneck Arachnoprince

Im with the big guy... Ruler picture is required when you say something like 10.5".

7. Sorry I was going off what I was told this is obviously incorrect

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

Just got home with them and was excited I will post some pictures against a ruler sorry guys , correct me if I'm wrong but the largest of the two is an LP right?

8. Fran

Fran Arachnoprince

It is :)
    Lasiodora parahybana and Grammostola pulchripes

9. RoseT

RoseT Arachnosquire

Cali
    Nice!!!..LP can possibly make it to 10.5, I think the biggest Pulchripes recorded was a 8 inch female....Either way those are some monster numbers..

10. Fran

Fran Arachnoprince

In theory...But I have yet to see an "official" 10" female, let alone more than that...

11. Thanks fran :D that's what I thought you guys think 70 was a good price for both girls?

12. Fran

Fran Arachnoprince

13. Dominatus

Dominatus Arachnopeon

Texas
    Wouldn't be surprised to see a 10 inch Lasiodora Parahybana someday, perhaps yours is close?! They look very nice! My L. para is only 6.5" ish, so I hope to get her up there to 8" or 9" someday! Very nice buys, biggins usually cost a pretty penny.

-Dominatus

14. Johnny1320

Johnny1320 Arachnopeon

Looks nice man. Congrats.

15. Lol Yup way off no where near 10
    [​IMG]

16. Johnny1320

Johnny1320 Arachnopeon

Looks nice man. Congrats.

17. Thanks!:D couldn't pass these 2 up

18. AgentD006las

AgentD006las Arachnobaron

Looks more around the 8" mark. Very nice score on those girls. You got one hell of a deal.

19. Formerphobe

Formerphobe Arachnoking Arachnosupporter

VA, USA
    Diagonal leg span looks to be a solid 7+ inches. Still nothing to sneeze at. Congrats on your new Ts. Good $, too.

20. Optic

Optic Arachnopeon

London
    Nice T's mate, I wish mine would get a bit bigger, hasn't molted for ages and it's only like 2 inches (the whole spider, not legs) and it is still eating and drinking well which is good :)

Anyway on-topic; Nice pictures you got of 'em :D! Looking pretty beast at the moment aha, maybe they'll get bigger like you hope them to, Buy a decent tank for them to live in with whatever is best for them :)

~thanks