1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Juvy Fringed (ornata?)

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by OxDionysus, Apr 1, 2009.

1. OxDionysus

OxDionysus Arachnobaron

Advertisement
    I have 3 regalis T's and recently came accross a juvy Oranta... at least that is what it is labled as.. Thing is I cant't really tell it apart from my Regalis?
    What exactly is the difference?

these pics were taken just at I got home, they had them in plastic dishes like 2 inches high, even had sponges in the water bowls.

I practically it for free

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. biomarine2000

biomarine2000 Arachnoangel

3. Larkin

Larkin Arachnosquire Old Timer

Hi,

Judging from the general appearance of the specimen it seems highly probable to me that it is Poecilotheria fasciata. But we need a ventral shot for a proper identification.

Regards,
    Tomasz

4. _tots_

_tots_ Arachnopeon

Not a P.ornata for sure..

Check out the leg markings
    [​IMG]

Hope this helps.

5. OxDionysus

OxDionysus Arachnobaron

Well what do you think it is then lol...:confused:

6. Larkin

We are not a fortune-tellers to know that.

We need to take a look at the colour pattern of the ventral side of the body to be able to say anything more precisely.

7. Aubrey Sidwell

Aubrey Sidwell Arachnobaron Old Timer

Oregon
    My guess would be either a P. regalis or a P. pederseni. They have similar markings on the carapace and legs. You need to get a photo of the ventral side to get a more positive ID.

8. Yanose

Yanose Arachnoknight

there is a sticky thread hear in the discussion forum that is on Pokie carpace identification.

9. biomarine2000

biomarine2000 Arachnoangel

I posted it above.

10. Larkin

It is also proved there that this method is insufficient for identification... ;-)